Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed my oil level was a bit low just at the minimum line on the site window, so i added about 7-800ml of oil so it was around just under the maximum line and now the bike seems to be running worse..i had just done a TB sync last week and the bike was runing fine since then nice and smooth and now it isn't so smooth and vibrating more again, it doesn't make sense that i would need another tb sync after adjusting oil level would it? i woulnd't think oil level ahs anything to do with tb sync and vibrations...

·
Registered
802 Posts
having too much oil makes rotating parts run unnecessarily through a deeper oil sump. it basically slows down the crank and all associated parts (connecting rods, clutch, flywheel, etc). the lines in the sight glass don't really mean max and min as much as they are guides. the manual will always tell you to have the oil level an equal distance between both lines. if you're at the top line, you should really consider getting back under there and getting your hands dirty again to drain a little oil.

as for the vibration, that's a little strange. the only thing that comes to mind is the vibration generated from the extra load on the engine from having too much oil. just a guess.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Remember that those lines are still way off of maximums and minimums, the oil level could be lower than that line and the engine still gets the proper lubrication. Keep mine at the top line, better to have too much than not enough
It should'nt have any effect on vibrations or performance.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's filled just up to the line not over or anything ive filled to that level befor without any problems...it' definatly weird and deosn't make sense...maybe im just goin crazy lol..it was 10 degrees hotter when i rode then the last time i did, maybe it was the heat...

actually the other day one of my frame bolts came loose and i dont have the allen socket bit to torgue it so i did it with a breaker bar maybe it's improperly tightened, it's on there pretty tight tho...

yeah it was the same kind of oil i used, the oil really shouldn't change how it runs it just doesn't make sense....what i need to do is ride another bike like mine and see if it's the same and im just stupid or have someone ride my bike and see if theirs is the same...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.