Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your weight is going to one side and the bike is turning that way. or the road is sloped for rain run off. Just have to learn to shift your body weight alittle. Just prac.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How come lately when I do a wheelie(2nd and 3rd), whether I clutch it or bounce it up the bike drifts to the right? Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody else have this problem or does anybody know how I can correct it? Like I said I can usually go really far and I just learned the balance point but now the bike won't stay straight(unless I'm doing sitdowns). Thanks in advance!!!

John

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know that it is probably a weight issue but why has it just started now? I've been pretty much doing wheelies since I bought the bike new in 02'. I mean normally I can ride out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd while standing but now I can't even get half a gear in. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Could be chain related?? Maybe to tight? Just a guess.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I AM GUESSING!!!!!! Just wanted to get that out there first, but if you think about it............. Your chain is pulling on the rear sprocket as hard as possible during a wheelie could the chain pull the wheel just a little off square. Kinda like when a cruiser does a bburn out it wants to walk out to the side?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you steer it if you try? Meaning do you know how to? Because everytime i pop a stand up i start going to the left and i have to steer it back right its really annoying i need to fix it right when i pick it up

·
Registered
348 Posts
Also dont forget that almost every road in the us is crowned with the center being the high point and then shoping towards the shoulders as to eliminate standing water. Some are more crowned then others so this will play a factor as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I can only steer it in second of I am going at a relatively slow speed (40-50) but once it gets some speed I find myself hanging off to keep it straight. I realize the crown in the road plays a factor but even in the left lane it goes right when with that theory it should go left. Ah, I wish I could get out there and practice(damn rain). Thanks again guys!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are they balance point wheelies or do you run out of revs after about 5-15 sec in the wheelie?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.