Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting at work reading an old post about the uk spec 636 in 02....would it be possible to convert my us spec j3 to a uk spec A1H. what parts would i need? the whole head and valves, and cam? or would be more or less? any help would be nice.

thanx

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
The 636 in the UK is the A1P the A1H is the european one with slight variance (headlights point other direction etc) but as for the engine itself its the same lump. In order to convert the J series to the A1P you will need all of the engine as the gear ratio is different to the J series along with the things you already said (head,cam,valves etc) you will also need the carbs and UK ecu to control it all. as for the rest it should be sufficiently the same as the J series.

I dare say you could look on eBay.co.uk for the lump itself i have see a couple go for about £400-500/$720-900 with carbs and all ancilliaries with a lowish mileage of about 3000-6000 miles so its nicely run in. As for shipping to the states it wont be cheap but you will be one of the only americans to have an A1P type bike :)

Hope this helps

Russ

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks russ! maybe when i get some $$ i will just take a trip over the pond and pic up the whole mess and make it work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.