Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering to put on some flush mounts on my zx6r, but will the stickers stay in place? After all they are just stickers. Wouldn't the rain/heat of the sun deteriate them and just flop off will doing 90mph. I never installed those before, have any tips or which ones the buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i put flush mounts on mine and the stickers did not stay in place so i just put some superglue on them and there fine even at well into triple digits.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'd just like to add that it definitely helps to properly clean the plastic where the flushmounts are to be mounted. Rubbing alcohol works wonders! ...Just give the fairings a good cleaning (with the alcohol), make sure it's fully dry and then firmly apply the flushies.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I drilled a hole in my flushmounts, and used the backing plate from the stock signals. Put a machine screw with a locknut on it and now it will never come out. They are the LP 4's. The small triangle looking ones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also use the back plates that came with the stock lights. They already have a hole in them that fit the screw and nut that came with the flush mounts as a pkg. It wasnt that easy thought to get everything off and put it back on. Takes a while to do and wiring and everything too if the wires that come with the flush mounts are too short... but the end product looks awsome...[8D]

·
Registered
119 Posts
if it costs you $20 buxs to buy the lights and installing it is not such a pain, why not just do it? its only lights...no need to pay so much...save on this and splurge on gear:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.