Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it bend? i took a spill a week or so ago and it bent the frame slider. now im wondering if this is something i can unbend myself, or if i should just take it into the stealership.
Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im definetly gonna replace it. i already ordered some new shoguns. i just want the fucker off my bike. i was thinking of bending it back and then unscrewing it (since i cant unscrew it now, the silver part runs into my frame when i try). how would i cut that? and then how would i get it out once i did

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
im definetly gonna replace it. i already ordered some new shoguns. i just want the fucker off my bike. i was thinking of bending it back and then unscrewing it (since i cant unscrew it now, the silver part runs into my frame when i try). how would i cut that? and then how would i get it out once i did
die grinder..with a cutoff wheel?

once its cut..it'll just fall out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool. ill give it a try then. once i cut it off at the silver part, wont i still need to unscrew it?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The slider is worn down, but you could continue to use it. Its just the motor mount bolt that is bent. Cut the bolt, pull it out, run a new bolt in and ride off. 10 minute job and it would only cost $1 for a new bolt.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
The slider is worn down, but you could continue to use it. Its just the motor mount bolt that is bent. Cut the bolt, pull it out, run a new bolt in and ride off. 10 minute job and it would only cost $1 for a new bolt.
was my first suggestion. but..looks like hed just about have to cut the frame, to save the slider. not worth the chance..IMO.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
see the value of using 'cut' type sliders! How did your left side faring hold up? Personally, I'm not that skilled with my dremel, so I'd probably take it to the dealership and see if they can just get it out for like 20 bucks. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
it needs replaced. id cut it off, right where the bolt is exposed.
edit: rather where the silver part necks down..just before the exposed bolt.
:plusone: next time get the woodcraft sliders & you won't have this problem ;)

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
everytime i see the title of this thread, i think "will it blend"

so

will it blend. there i said it lol.

sorry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i had that in mind when making the title =P

and i just ordered myself some woodcraft sliders

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
:plusone: next time get the woodcraft sliders & you won't have this problem ;)
how is that possible? I run a full cage and the bolts still get bent from crashes. I think thats good that they bend though. Something has to give and I would much rather bend a bolt than snap the super weak frame tabs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts