Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike used and the dude I bought it from already had the full high mount Micron racing exhaust on the bike. I was just wondering if it would be in my best interest to get myself a power commander? I dont know how much the full system changes the fuel air mix from stock.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
most of the times u want need to have a pc if u have a slipon but its always nice to have one tho, if u have a full exhaust then yes def get 1, oh and what part of alabama are u from

·
Registered
980 Posts
You dont need one, it will run and shouldn't hurt anything. To get the full potental out of it you will need to get it tuned on a dyno with a PC/Kawi Kit ECU/Bazzaz etc..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know it will run. I have had the bike for about a month now. Just wondering if I needed one or if it would make any difference in gas milage or performance?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I know it will run. I have had the bike for about a month now. Just wondering if I needed one or if it would make any difference in gas milage or performance?
With a PC yes there would be a difference in milage and performance. Lower milage but more proformance, its a trade off. Need one? to get the full performance from the pipe yes you would need one (and a dyno tune). Altho I'm sure you are getting more performance out of it just by adding the pipe alone, just not all that it could be with a PC and a good tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts