Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cranked twice yesterday. This morning it would not stay cranked. Purges the fuel system fine when i turn the key. Turns over fine, fires for about two seconds the dies out. I can hold the gas down and it will run at about 1000 rpm until i let go. Then it dies. It will not rev during this period. Just one constant low rpm. Does not sound good either. Sat for awhile(couple months) had to put a new battery in it. Have cranked it everyday for the last month. Haven't rode just cranked and rev'ed. I reloaded a map on the power commander 2 weeks ago.

I know that's some jibbery text. I was typing things as I thought of them.
I'm thinking maybe fouled plugs. I tried new gas.
It's been sitting at my shop for sale for the last month. I'm also thinking someone may have turned the idle screw to some crazy position. How can i return it to factory. Meaning: is there a set number of turns out ,that it should be from the factory?
Any idea?

Chad Thompson

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just completely removed the power commander. Same deal. All fuses are good. Jumped from another battery. Same deal. I "think" its getting fuel. I can sure smell it. What else can I check? I'm about to go pull plugs now.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
oh now i read that you thought of it.

screw it as far in as you can, start the bike, if it stays on, lower it till it stays at a stead 1300rpm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No never dropped.

PLUGS FIXED IT.
New plugs and fired right up.
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I think I got used to it with halfway shot plugs. This dude revs super sweet and pulls to the moon.

What could have fouled the plugs?
Sitting maybe?

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
what fouls plugs is constant running without putting load on the motor & the heat build-up in the motor or being rich of course, they say it is better to let the bike sit versus starting it up off and on and never actually going anywhere.
Also pending your map it could be rich to help with the fouling.

used to have to my bikes fired up 1 time a month while i am deployed and they would run in 1st gear on a rearstand till they hit 210degrees then the bike was turned off.
never had an issue, but i am sure my custom maps help as well.,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts