Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '04 zx6rr that has some plastic damage and stator cover damage. I removed the plastics including all the lights. removed stator cover and replaced with new. Changed oil and filter. Now bike won't start? What is the proper starting procedure? Starter relay magnetic switch just clicks? Any suggestions would be helpful. Will bike start with Kickstand down and clutch pulled? What is the sliding lever above the start switch and below the cutoff switch for? Bike ran fantastic before? could battery be too weak? Starter relay magnetic switch clicks quite loud. P.S tried plugging in all the lights and still just clicking from starter relay? Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
try taking off the battery and boost it from your car with jumper cables. dont ever charge it while its connected to the battery terminal you will blow your cpu.
1 take off the rear passenger seat.
2 under it you will see a big bolt close to the driver seat . unbolt it and the metal peace will swing sideways alowing you to remove the driver seat.
3 disconect the battery and remember positive first and ground second .
4 then take it out and boost it threw jumper cable. make sure you car is on and you have to keep it on from 5- 10 min . it wont do anything if you just leave it for a min or two. then connect it back together and try it. if that dont work check your spark plugs . alot of time they go bad and just dont get a spark.
5 after you boast your bike go on the high way and run it at 4000-7000 rpm because thats when your battery starts charging.
6 if its your battery go to autozone and invest 30 dollars in a trickle charger . it will always keep your battery charged up.

let me know if it doesnt work

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently when I put the new stator cover on i replaced the gear from the starter to the crank clutch backwards jamming up the starter. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.