Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to use the triple tree from the 03 on my 02 zx6r, but i am trying to price the clip ons on ebay and i was curious to know if the 05-06 clip ons will work on the 03-04 triple tree? any body know this? just trying to see if i have larger choice on ebay!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
An 02 has standard forks and an 03- up has USD forks with MUCH bigger openings in the triples. I can not imagine how you will use ANY triple later than an 02....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i am trying to convert the front end of my 02 bike. so i was going to use either the 03-04 triple tree, with the respective forks , or the 05-06 front end. i was trying to see what my options were as far as clip ons are concerned. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Originally posted by MeanGreenrr
Yes the clip-ons will work. Are you using the 03 forks?
i have an 02 and 03 and the clipons are nowhere near the same size.Not even close, like I said 02 is conventional and 03 is USD with much larger openings as the clipons go around the outer fork slider rather than the inner as on the 02.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks peeweebikes, but i am lookng at ebay first, saw a pair going for $15 right now. i appreciate the offer though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.