Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think this machine really is going to own the racetrack like they are hyping?

I havent done comparisons with other 07 599cc bikes, and I don't follow racing much, but isn't it common for the newest bike to win a bunch the first year or two with its newer technology? It would be nice to see some Kawis winning for a change because this last year they were way down in the pack behind Honda and Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
To be honest with you kawasaki was in the hunt for the championship until someone got his leg broken (Roger lee Hayden)...and kawasaki with Tommy Hayden won the 600 supersport championship the 2 years prior.

SO for the coming year they now have hacking the #1 plate holder of the 600 supersport class, plus more upgrades to a great bike..
This is all AMA of course.
Also the ZX6RR won the canadian SS championship as well.

But for the world level, kawasaki wont even be in the top 5 for world supersport..Not a good enough rider out there
Or in any other country for that matter plus the bike wont be nearly as competitve (TUNERS).

As for the ZX-10R well it isnt winning shit either, (Besides walker in the rain WSBK)
The bikes are just not as well sorted out as the competitiona and they dont have the Quality Rider that is going to win races.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The sad reality is that Kawasaki doesn't spend as much money on racing as the other OEMs. Making bikes is a small part of their business. Remember it is Kawasaki Heavy Industries and they make all sorts of other crap. That is why the MotoGP effort is week, they don't have a sponsor like most of the other teams. Remember how fast you go depends on how much money you have to spend. Honda and Yamaha have more cash to through at racing. Personally, I think the Kawasaki is the best 600 made in the last few years. Followed by the R6 (2006 not included), GSXR600 and CBR600rr. Just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.