Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides those what other frame sliders are decent for cheap? I'm low on budget. And it doesn't matter how they looked because my zx6r is naked.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
well, what I was getting at is "cheap" sliders bolt into the fairing mounts..... and do more damage when they are used, snapping off the frame tabs for the plastics. These bolt through the engine... stronger bolts, better design. I am unaware if anyone else makes this type of slider for our style bike. The R&Gs are more expensive because they come with the modified coolant bottle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the R&G's and while I have not tested them, I think they were totally worth the money. The new coolant bottle worked great, kept the old one in case it fails or I crash and damage it. The whole setup, including instructions, was great. They seem tough as hell and if you search the board a bit, you will see some pictures of what happens when you go down at pace with a set of fairing mount sliders.

Ill save you the hassle: they snap and tear a nice big hole in the fairings, not to mention the snapping of a mount point on the frame.

If you want them to do their job, you do not want the cheap ones. If you want people to think you race, the cheap ones will be fine.
After all, do you ever hear anybody looking for the cheapest tire possible? Or brakes?

The plastic saved would more than cover the cost.

Good luck!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by sgtcarrot
I have the R&G's and while I have not tested them, I think they were totally worth the money. The new coolant bottle worked great, kept the old one in case it fails or I crash and damage it. The whole setup, including instructions, was great. They seem tough as hell and if you search the board a bit, you will see some pictures of what happens when you go down at pace with a set of fairing mount sliders.

Ill save you the hassle: they snap and tear a nice big hole in the fairings, not to mention the snapping of a mount point on the frame.

If you want them to do their job, you do not want the cheap ones. If you want people to think you race, the cheap ones will be fine.
After all, do you ever hear anybody looking for the cheapest tire possible? Or brakes?

The plastic saved would more than cover the cost.

Good luck!
I'll have to agree. Somebody posted pictures of their TORN fairings, and it was really sad. Still if you want to go with a budget one you may consider shogun.

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea r-g's are the way to go..i lost both my fairings cuz of them peace of shit no cut sliders and i still have to tap out one side of the broken screw that was left in from one o the broken sliders...them "cheap" sliders are pritty dam cheap alright n i wouldnt waist my doh on that..now i have r-g's on my bike and its naked cuz i havent came up with the money to get new oem fairings..n ill tell u what..they look fine to me with the coolant bottle..n im sure theyll do the job if i ever see asfalt again(knock on wood....big peace of wood)..those are well worth the money man..plus since ur bike is naked now they stick out a bit and people will think ur a stunta..haha..i had to work on my stopies,endos and weelies cuz of that haha..more so the weelies cuz they all wana see that crap..but anyways ..its all up to u man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.