Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 2004 Ninja 250 smashes the golden eggs pretty bad on long trips. Would adding a seat cover help? Like the Stearns Black ATV seat cover that Wal-Mart sells?

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,796 Posts
You've been riding for only a couple of months. Chances are it's not the bike that's the problem. A lot of new riders SQUEEZE the tank with their legs, death grip the handles, etcf. and then blame the bike. You need to loosen up. For long trips stock seats can suck for your butt's sake, but any discomfort to your twig and/or berries is because you're straddling the tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've been riding for only a couple of months. Chances are it's not the bike that's the problem. A lot of new riders SQUEEZE the tank with their legs, death grip the handles, etcf. and then blame the bike. You need to loosen up. For long trips stock seats can suck for your butt's sake, but any discomfort to your twig and/or berries is because you're straddling the tank.
Yea I had these problems at first but I find myself more relaxed after a few months of riding. However I am 6' 2" and my lower body is cramped as hell on the bike. So much that I can't even ride now because my back is in severe pain. Guess it's time to find a motorcycle with a more standard riding position (if my back recovers). If only I was shorter, stronger, or younger.

Was a good motorcycle to learn on even with the physical problems!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts