Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it starts getting wet,
Will you intentionally commute to school or work in the rain?
I only plan to ride in the wet if I get caught in a rain going home
I dun wanna spend money on a rain suit & heated vest
that could go towards fun accessories:D

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
I dont ride in the rain, I will not ride in the rain, and If I get caught in it....well there isnt much I can do about it.

but pretty much its a NO...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Negative.

We already have enough to deal with....Soccer Mom's with yellin' kids in the back, 3-ton SUV's screaming along at 80+, and moron's yappin' on their cell phones. Rain, (to me), only compounds the danger that is already increasing on the roads for the modern motorcyclist.

If its going to rain for sure, I'm in the truck.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I dont ride in the rain, I will not ride in the rain, and If I get caught in it....well there isnt much I can do about it.

but pretty much its a NO...
I would not ride it in the rain, I would not jump it off a plane. I would not, should not, will not, do not. (Dr. Suess) :D

Now really ... I would not choose to ride in the rain, but I've been caught in it plenty of times. I had to ride about 180 miles in the Smokey Mountains and it was not very enjoyable having wet gloves and wet boots. My Frog Toggs kept the rest of me dry ... but wet hands and feet REALLY suck.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I love riding in the rain! Call me stupid, but I fucking love the adrenaline! I'm always amazed that I end up driving faster and harder when the roads are wet....

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
When it starts getting wet,
Will you intentionally commute to school or work in the rain?
I only plan to ride in the wet if I get caught in a rain going home
I dun wanna spend money on a rain suit & heated vest
that could go towards fun accessories:D
Not on purpose.

Got caught in it once. It was hailing too. Felt like I was getting mowed down by a barrage of semi-automatic BB guns. That sucked...

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm not made of sugar, neither is my green meanie so I'm not worried about either of us melting. I've spent thousands of miles riding and commuting in the rain. In my opinion, riding in the wet is one of the quickest ways to improve your skills; not to mention I think it's a heck of a lot of fun!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I love riding in the rain! Call me stupid, but I fucking love the adrenaline! I'm always amazed that I end up driving faster and harder when the roads are wet....
Stupid.

Not on purpose.

Got caught in it once. It was hailing too. Felt like I was getting mowed down by a barrage of semi-automatic BB guns. That sucked...
That's a good way of describing it. My hands were bleeding once when I got caught in the rain/hail. Ouch.

--David

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I used to ride in the rain all the time when all I owned was a bike for commuting. I didn't enjoy it, but a good rainsuit and tires that work well in the wet go a long way to making it tolerable. I think learning to ride in the rain also makes you a better rider on dry pavement. Now that I don't have to ride my bike in the rain, I don't. Nor would I wish to. I won't even take the bike out if it looks like it might rain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i did this morning, only because my truck is broken right now and i don't have a car anymore! but normally if it's raining i'll drive the diesel dodge.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
if I can avoid it I won't. 50% or higher makes me wonder... But I'll ride in if there is a chance of rain in the afternoon. I don't mind getting caught on the way home, but I hate teaching all day wet, soggy, with swamp ass. But that's just me.

I've gotten caught in some super nasty squalls before, so I know I can..... I just don't like to.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I avoid if I can, but have spent plenty of day coming home in it...even got caught in a freak hail storm last week. I don't avoid it because of the safety concerns as much as I just don't like having to clean my bike afterward!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I commute rain or shine. The first time i rode my rear lost traction slipped but luckly regained control. Now its like nothing just gotta do everything with more care. Very fun too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
if I can avoid it I won't. 50% or higher makes me wonder... But I'll ride in if there is a chance of rain in the afternoon. I don't mind getting caught on the way home, but I hate teaching all day wet, soggy, with swamp ass. But that's just me.

I've gotten caught in some super nasty squalls before, so I know I can..... I just don't like to.
Ive ridden in heavy pours and my ass has never gotten wet. Mostly shoulders, arms, knees(without leathers).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
if its raining when i have to leave i'll take the car. if there is less than 40% chance of rain for the evening i'll usually take the bike. i don't mind getting rained on going home (as long as its not too cold out) but i don't want to sit at work all day in wet clothes.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts