Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to stop wind from rushing underneath my full face helmet. The noise is unbearable, even with earplugs in!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yeah, if the helmet fits well, there won't be that much noise with earplugs in. Sometimes they can actually be very quiet.

I have a few helmets, and my oldest helmet (which is well and truly flogged out) is far noisier than any of the others, simply because it is worn out and ill-fitting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you guys may be right about bad fitting. I've got a Nitro N1000v. I've had to put larger cheek pads in to make it fit better. I think i'll goto a shop and buy one this weekend rather than order off the net again!

Apologies for posting this in the wrong forum by the way...

p.s I can't find a universal 'chin curtain' or Nitro one anywhere!

·
Registered
717 Posts
go to denniskirk.com and look at the helmet section, there will be a sizing chart that shows how to measure your head to get the right size. this will just be a base line though as all helmets fit differently, so +1 on going to a shop. make sure the helmet is tight enough that it wont move but not so tight that it hurts. oh and chin curtians are a just a peice of cloth to help keep debris and stuff out of the helmet, it wont help with noise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Nolan N102 has a chin curtain. It helps a lot. My old HJC (Sy-max) did not. It also was louder with a lot of air coming underneath.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.