Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this Wind Shield be easy to install? I've never done something like this before and was wondering how easy/hard it was. Seems like a reasonable price and if you guys can give me some direction on how or at least if its fairly easy or not, I'm going to buy it.

Here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866418183

Thanks for your future replies!!

If I lose, then you cheated.

Edited by - Marine on 10/10/2002 00:21:21

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks like a sweet deal! Don't worry about installation, only six screws to undo and then replace the shield, it's the easiest thing you'll ever do to your bike (next to putting gas in it) and will give you an instant custom look.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Simple like he said. I went and bought new well nuts and used the ones from the screen as replacements for the fairings. Here's some pics of mine with the Zero Gravity DB. Almost identical to the LP.

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
106 Posts
quote:
Would this Wind Shield be easy to install? I've never done something like this before and was wondering how easy/hard it was. Seems like a reasonable price and if you guys can give me some direction on how or at least if its fairly easy or not, I'm going to buy it.

Here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866418183

Thanks for your future replies!!

The windscreen is very esey to install( i did it at work on my 15min break), the only gripe I have is the guy you are buying from says he'll send you the box of silver well nuts for the screen, He will not!! All I got was the windscreen. I do love the screen make the bike look more racier!

Edited by - Marine on 10/10/2002 00:21:21
NO FALLZ NO BALLZ

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow..that looks nice...thanks to you guys...i bid on that wind shield....I hope I get it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple of questions - Does that extra height really help or does it help only at revoke-my-license speeds??? Looks BADASS though.
Congrats on winning the auction Marine.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yes the double bubble helps. I can't remember really how much, but I know as soon as I installed it I saw a differance and I was impressed. It may depend on your height etc. But for me it's quieter and changes the airflow nicely.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the advertisment said it increases your top speed by 3 mph.

I don't plan on going 170/180 mph anytime soon on my baby. But at least it looks cool

...guess you could say I'm a 'poser'. ah well...I am what I am. =)

·
Registered
254 Posts
The first thing I did to my bike was get a double bubble screen, and it made such a difference. I'm 6ft and couldn't get behind the stock one.

Canada Kicks Ass

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.