Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so its been almost 3 weeks now with no bike... just ordered the parts today, looks like i probably wont have it up and running until mid next week... SUCKS!!!! im losing my mind having a brand new bike and cant ride the damn thing...by the time i get it back ill be back in school and wont have much time left this summer to enjoy it... i need to move somewhere warmer lol chicago weather sucks.

anyways, instead of replacing the windscreen i want to just paint it. Now, i already had bought the flat black paint, actually the day of the accident i did... well now the outside part of the windscreen is kinda scratched, and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and buffed it out or anything to make it look nice? i know once i paint the inside black the scuff will look much worse....

Any pointers? DIY that you may have done painting a scratched windscreen... And i dont want to paint the outside.

Im going to order a PUIG in the future, but figured i would wait til next season to see what other options and such come out for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
You can hardly see that!!! I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine was significantly more scratched and I painted the inside of mine flat black. It came out looking pretty good IMO. I don't have pics of the outside, but I have a pic of the inside. You can still see the scratches but they are not amplified by the black inside.

What new parts did you order? Did you order from Kawasaki or somewhere else?

Attachments

H

·
0 Posts
I saw someone post about buffing the scratches out on another thread-sorry don't feel like searching, but if you read the crash threads or search for scratches you'll probably find it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the parts from kawasakiparts house.. Well the mechanic i have working on the bike ordered the front brake disc and a right fork tube.. that should be a couple of days... and i ordered the plastics myself. Just decided to get the front cowl since its the worse ... also opted to grab the rear seat cowl as well... hope i ordered the right parts ! lol....

other than that im just having the right fairing buffed and touched up, painted and that... no use buying a 400 dollar fairing when i can get it painted out for like 50-100 bucks.. its not cracked so it should be fine...

i just want my bike im going crazy!!!!! especially since i found a forum of all local sport bike riders in chicago and i cant ride with them!!! it sucks!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Well good luck with that. I hope you (and I) are back on the road soon!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Man, definitely paint that ho. My windscreen's cracked but it still looks badass. The scratch gives it character.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It's a sad sad story

caligirl... what happened? u have a minor mishap? didnt read anything about that ?
If you are interested in the full story, here are the two threads:

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=112878
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=114602

The short version, I lost traction in the rear, went down, and slid for about 10-15ft before slamming into a curb, going about 15 mph. I'm okay phsyically, just healed road rash and some slight knee soreness, but the bike got all of it. I've been off the road for 7 weeks this Thursday. I am trying to find the cheapest way to buy the parts I need so I can use the insurance money for other things. I'm hoping to be up and running (not comestically pretty but running) in about 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ouch im sorry to hear all that. It def sucks not being able to ride when u want to... at least its warm out there most of the year... i only have a few select months that are ideal for riding so every day counts!...

seems like more and more people are crashing now... maybe i should start doing some HW on safe riding...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts