Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ZG double bubble is here! As well as some other stuff I got :)
I do have a question.
After removing the stock windscreen from my ZX-6R I found that well nuts used to hold it in place are pretty much molded into the screen. I see no way of removing them without cutting some rubber of the top. And what about soft foamy stickers?
Anyone here had experience installing a windscreen? What hardware to use / where to get it, problems, tips? Anything helps.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I have an 02 Ninja (The red ones are the fastest [:p]) and I changed my screen and used the existing hardware.

It seems the bolts in their rubber housings were kinda stuck in the stock windscreen but if you twisted them somewhat as you were removing them, they came right out. No cutting of the rubber or anything was needed.

Be careful not to over tighten, I don't know if anything could crack, but it might. I re-check the tightness of the bolts every 3 weeks or so.

My replacement screen was a dark smoke Zero Gravity.

Good luck,

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Flash, did you get the Double Bubble ???

I have heard several people now talking about melting clocks because of the creases... I have several buddies with the ZG DB and not one has ever mentioned anything like that... I'm in the process of ordering one, so if anybody has actually EXPERIENCED this, not just HEARD of it, please lemme know !

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm gonna get mounting hardware from ZG. Rubber on stock looks pretty deformed, I don't think it will come out clean. What's $11 more for good quality merchandise, right? [:p]
I also got ZG DB dark smoke, the way to go.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I personally have the LP double bubble, and i know people who have ZG's and Powerbronze DB's. All were at leats light smoke. Nobody has ever had any melting. Must only be a prob in really hot places??? I've heard/read about that on the i-net before too.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I took the stock ones out of my windscreen and put em in my doublebubble.

The stock rubber things to look a little weird, but they work excellent.

Here is my best ASCII rendition of how they look
Code:
_____
 | |
 | |
(   )
 | |
 | |
The top is there the screw goes in, and the little bulge half way down is what keeps it in place.
So if yours looks similar to that, its not deformed :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-======- <== top part looks part melted.
( )
| |
-=====--

Don't know why it's not showing up correctly in the thread.

They look more like this. ZG is all out of 9x14mm, so I'm trying to contact local dealer right now. ZG is 2 weeks out on the part, and weather is so nice now!

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just talked to local Kawa dealer. They want $6 per well nut! And they don't have any in stock.

$6 is absurd!

ZX6R-J1 2000

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.