Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new windscreen for my 08 green 650. I like the PUIG but I have not really seen any good pics from the front, side and rear of the bike to make my decision. Does anyone have any good pics? Is there some better screens that make the bike look more sportier?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the ZG double bubble super short on mine. Looks lots better. Cutting the stock one down looks very nice too. It keeps the same curve of the front fairing better.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have a zg db short on order, I'd be willing to sell my oem screen, its only got 1800 miles worth of wind on it...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Man I have had ZG and Puig........The ZG is lower grade compared to the Puig, plus they give you this little rubber outline. and the ZG kinda had a slight nonperfect bend in it and it wasn't a delivered product. Its just poor

·
Registered
854 Posts
Pm sent back Josh...

With every manufactured product there are a few that just aren't acceptable as far as quality... Just look at the X360, I am obsessive compulsive about flaws like slight non perfect bends... Oh well, I'll just have to get a puig next time...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a ZG on mine and was ok with it. It didn't fit perfectly along the frame though so I was going to use some paint so that you couldn't see it wasn't fitting right against the blue frame. then i sold it haha. i liked the wind protection of the ZG but much prefered the factory fit. I don't know anything about the PUIG though. I was just going to cut / paint my stock one darker and sell it since I sold the 650R but never got around to it yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts

home made from the stocker and a stock zx6 screen. not professional i know, but i got the zx6 screen for 20$ and had the paint and dremel to do the job. so for 20$ i have a screen that looks better than stock and im happy

·
Registered
23 Posts
puig is almost the same as stock, except its tinted, same length though. the zero gravity super short one is probably the best one you can get, probably the only one that doesn't have that sport tourer look to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
better touring shield?

Has anyone here do much touring w/ there 650R? I'm 5'9" tall; and I've purchased the Zero Gravity Sport tour shield and find it to be to loud even w/ earplugs. Presently i'm using my stock shield cut down to get clean air and is much better, but when it's cold I'de prefer additional protection w/o the added noisre. Some are using the MRA tour or the Vario tour shield. Any experience w/these two shields. The ZG shield does cut down the wind, but also w/ the expense of noise.

Howie...

·
Registered
1 Posts
They all look great I'm a noob to this site, but thought I would post a pic of mine. Hope you like it. Comments welcome. All it took was a razor blade and a can of spray paint. Next up is a set of sport bars.

:cheers:hvyjnkr

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts