Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm riding almost all highway now :( I have noticed that I want to get the wind off of me more, especially for winter. I have a '09 250 and a Daytona 675 and tried finding a sport touring windshield but they don't have them for both. Does the double bubble move the wind up enough?

I'm not looking for tuck position or trackday use. I am getting them for highway use, mostly upright position. The wind hits me right in the chest on my 250 stock and on my 675 it's all on my head which takes its toll on my neck after a while.

Basically, is a double bubble good enough for commuting? Or what would you recommend to move some of the wind off of you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have a double bubble on my 6r ehich I use on the highway for commuting and I don't have any issue. I only tuck when I'm going over 80 or on real windy days. On an average day its fine for me

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The windscreen on a sport bike is more for looks than function. If you're not tucking like a tard on the highway you won't notice much of any difference changing the windscreen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i did a review on a zero gravity sport touring on the youtube. i put a lot of highway miles in with it and overall am pleased.
the part # is a # 23-281 for clear

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
684 Posts
^ how tall are you? I'm 5'5", and at freeway speeds, I comfortably lay on the tank. no issues with the wind. I have a puig double bubble.

If you are tall, I can see how that would suck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm 5'10" and the double bubble is fine on the highway without having to lay on the tank

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks guys. I'm 5'7", in a tuck for 30+ minutes would be more uncomfortable than sitting up. I wear glasses and have to look up at an odd angle to see so it cranks my neck. I really only tuck at the track and then it's only for a few seconds so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
a double bubble helps but it sounds like you need a touring screen. I got the dark Zero Gravity Touring screen for my old 2009 250R and it worked much better than the stock screen.

If you use a tank bag and fill it with something soft it makes tucking much more comfortable.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts