Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for the same advice. i've posted a few times on here and to no avail. I really think the sport touring windscreen would suit me (6'0") and my riding style best. i was also wondering if the tint is dark enough so you can't see all the wires behind the gauges. the stock windscreen fades, but those don't look like they do.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tried a dark smoke Lockhart Phillips Speedscreen -- which is identical to the ZG DB, I think -- but ended up switching back to stock. The tint does look cool, but I didn't like the limited visibility at night. I also just didn't like the look from certain angles. It broke the flow (visually) of the front end. As far as that goes, I think it might work better with a darker-colored bike. But that's all subjective.

It's well-made, though, and was an easy fit. No complaints there.

Those crazy touring screens (maybe different from the ZG ones you're talking about) seem to be popular in the U.K. I'd like to know more about those. I know there are a couple of guys here that have them.

Oh... I'm also about 5'11".

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sounds expensive and disgusting.:DI just want to be a bit more comfortable when I'm not in race mode.Isn't that why we ride 6R's instead of R6's.I heard your woman is warm and comfortable:DMaybe I could borrow her for a ride instead of buying a new screen.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm looking for better wind protection on my 02 6R.I checked out the ZG website about the double bubble and the sport touring windscreens.They described the double bubble as being designed for when you are tucked and the sport touring as being designed for when you are sitting upright.Does anyone have the sport touring screen on their bike?Opinions on either screen would be greatly appreciated.How is the view through those tinted screens?I was thinking about sticking with the clear for maximum visibility when tucked.I know the dark ones look the business.I'm 5'11, please give your height when giving your opinion.Thanks boys.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can't seem to find any other companies that offer touring windscreens besides ZG. can anybody reccomend some sites?

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.