Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my 6R just fine with the stock screen, but I want a little extra wind protection. I plan to take longer trips over the summer, so it would be nice if I could relax a bit.
Are there any windshields for zx6r J that are not just for looks?

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Zero Gravity Double Bubble makes a big difference on the two bikes I've ridden with them... the 6R and the R6. And once you get used to the different profile to the bike, I actually think they look pretty trick too.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I think Dj is talking about the standard racer type double bubble ones, but ZG also makes a larger (non double bubble) sport touring style windscreen.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I put on a Lockhart Phillips Speedscreen V2, which is basically the same thing as a Zero Gravity DoubleBubble..
I found it makes a world of difference at higher speeds, pushes the air up over my chest more..

I had to put my stock screen back on for a week after my V2 cracked (was not the speedscreens fault) and I noticed the increased wind right away.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda like "double bubble" design. I'm gonna order it some time this week. Recommendations on a good place to buy one?

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by CdnNinjaZX6R

I put on a Lockhart Phillips Speedscreen V2, which is basically the same thing as a Zero Gravity DoubleBubble..
I found it makes a world of difference at higher speeds, pushes the air up over my chest more..

I had to put my stock screen back on for a week after my V2 cracked (was not the speedscreens fault) and I noticed the increased wind right away.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11
I've got the same one, no probs with it to report. Like you said, MUCH better air flow. The only (small) thing I'd like to see would be if the upper edge was had a smoother contour to it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the screen, but can't mount it. Turns out well nuts are pretty deformed, so I have a new set on order. 2 Weeks from ZG :([xx(]

ZX6R-J1 2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.