Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if anyone had some ideas to share on what kind of mods to do over the winter. I, like everyone else, want more power, thinking about getting some projectors and well i need some more ideas. i Dont have a ton of money so the process will be slow but any input is welcome!
Thanks...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just everyday street cruisin, sometimes longer distance runs, sometimes mess around a bit on secluded roads with friends, no tracks anywhere near by so i have no reason for a track set-up, but i just want something new to do to it to stand out a bit.
I dont have a 636 so i want to make it so i'll be challenged to run on a quarter mile if need be and not get smoked by other modded out 6's. (w/equal riding exp.)Just for fun of course, not all the time but..Give me somethin to brag about ya know?!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Be helpful to probably know what mods you've done already too. If you want to make it stand out you could always try adding the Angel Eyes mods that people have posted on the forums. Cheap too. Or you could get a slip-on exhaust. Another ‘stand out’ mod could be a new windscreen. It’s all up to you.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
well if your just gonna use that bike for that, then you should trade me rear shocks & linkage :D the 599cc was no slouch man so your talking maybe a 1/10th or so in time, & btw there are alot more tracks around you than you think ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol...nice J fuckinT! Wher are these tracks you speak of? 1 i know of is around millville. Anyway , what i do have done is: pc111(mapped but w/tweakmons map)not custom, -1 up front, K&N air filt., puig DB dark smoke, C.A. front flush mount & rear(rear int) signals,2.5" cut yosh RS5(cheapo stainless) slip on,rear cowl, speedo healer, and sliders.(no rear spools yet) , jumper mod and 8200 miles. Thats about it...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've always been a fan of the green bikes with gold / bronze or whatever, levers and rearsets. Levers and rearsets would be cheap enough for a winter mod.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
lol...nice J fuckinT! Wher are these tracks you speak of? 1 i know of is around millville. Anyway , what i do have done is: pc111(mapped but w/tweakmons map)not custom, -1 up front, K&N air filt., puig DB dark smoke, C.A. front flush mount & rear(rear int) signals,2.5" cut yosh RS5(cheapo stainless) slip on,rear cowl, speedo healer, and sliders.(no rear spools yet) , jumper mod and 8200 miles. Thats about it...
http://www.tonystrackdays.com , just search around & if you can't find much more there, then travel, whats better?? traveling & track days are something i can't wait for next year, going to try to get to road atlanta & VIR next year, so hopefully all that will work out, soooo... about that rear suspension :D & you don't need a set of spools, i find them to be tacky, just go get two 10mm case hardened bolts & when your done simply pull them off the swingarm, then your talking $3 tops ;)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
for mods....

Gold powder coated wheels will set it off for sure.
didnt see stainless brakelines, always nice for feel and more braking force.
steering damper
wire jumper-didnt see that in there
custom tune would be a +, can you send you my SO map if you like as well.

and yeah if not into trackdays, swap that shock and linkage for the 636..Hint Hint

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, Thanks for all the input, When i decide what and when to make something happen-i'll post some pics...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Anyone have experiances with projectors-good,bad,too hot, hard to install etc...?
I have Acura TL projectors, but i did not install them as I am too keen to mess something up. Also, I suck at electrical, so building the realy and other diaplide???/or something- for the shields to move up and have proper bi-xenons was outta my league. But I highly recommend them.

If you want to trade shock linkages, and such I have another 636 set lying around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts