Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my winter project. I nabbed a set of 06 limited edition titanium R1 pipes off ebay for 40 bucks. Im going to cut them down, install a race baffle and have a new pipe made from the cans to the mid.
Here is my first test fit before cutting the length down.
- I still have to cut length off both ends but I think the fit will be really good. The plastics line up with the tail for now.
Comments Please.

·
Registered
264 Posts
cool idead love the way the r1 exhaust looks, but i think it only belongs on an r1. if you decide to keep on going with the project it looks like the rear of the exhaust is a little too high, doesnt flow with the body lines. keep us posted interested to see how the final product looks. good luck

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
dont perticularly like it, needs an inch or so between the fairing and exaust.

my honest opinion is it stick out to far also, you might want to cut it down a little also, hope it works out.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I love it, it looks tight brother... Cant wait to see how its going to look after you cut it down and do some minor adjustments... I looks like you know what you are doing... Keep up the great work, Im all for customizing...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
DEFINATELY has potential...i like it

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I totally dig it, But when you shorten them, you may want to make sure you take them down far enough so that you don't block your tail light. Definitely post some pics when you're done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Def gonna look good onec you shorten them, placement is pretty much perfect. When you shorten them it will bring the end of the pipes under the tail more, which will look really clean. the way the pipes are kinda flat, its gonna be a nice fit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
cool idea, how much weight will it add over the stock can? i don't know if it would be worth it if there is a big weight gain. What performance changes do you expect?
keep us posted[:M10]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know the weight will drop considerably from stock. the stock can weighs about 2000 lbs :Dand the titanium pipes weigh a lot less already before even being cut down. Im thinking the can will end up about 1/2 the length it is now. Also the race baffle will give it a nice flow through design, and the two cans will keep the sound down.
Here is a clip of the pipes with the race baffle installed on a r1 here the difference. I'm hoping that with the shortened length the sound will be close.
Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate it!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Where are you getting race baffles.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nice to see that someone is doing something different and not following the crowd. If you take about 4 or 5 inches off of it i reckon it will look well sweet! ;)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
I think it looks sweet just the way you have it fitted...then again, I'm a fan of the Ducati 999 exhaust, and that sticks out like 6" from the tail fairing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im making the race baffle myself out of perforated carbon steel and vance & hines packing. just like the one post on ebay on that link but mine wont cost $90.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,445 Posts
Originally posted by zx6rballard
just like the one post on ebay on that link but mine wont cost $90.
That's classic. So much on ebay is a frigging ripoff.

As for the cans...now that I looked at it again, I actually really like the lines of it. The way the exhaust shield lines up makes the tail look sharper.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.