Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda curious on how many people are affected and have limited riding due to the winter months. I personally, live in Salt Lake City, and have 2 feet of snow on the ground and haven't been able to ride. My question, has winter affected your riding?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
who's gonna join me in my crusade to promote global warming!! get your hairdyers and start melting snow!!!:D:D

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It's been in the 20-30's here in Vegas the past couple weeks but it's supposed to get up to the 60's again here by the end of the week so I should be riding through the winter. :D:D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Of course winter has affected my riding. Its damn cold out there, and I have to wear a sweater under the jacket, and ski pants on top of the leather lowers.

But I still ride. Its all good.
Actually, I'm not riding currently, waiting on a replacement oil-level window since mine broke for some unknown reason.

BC.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
waiting on a replacement oil-level window since mine broke for some unknown reason.

p-p-probably from the damned cold!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am new at riding and have yet to ride in the rain , yet in the snow. Call me what you will, but my ride is got to keep that pretty look for when the warm season comes. So, basicaly i am too scared to take it out and learn to ride in snow, because i dont want it to get screwed up, when i can just hop on the quad and take off.

·
Mad Hatter
1,319 Posts
screw that... if it isnt 50 degrees FARENHEIGHT or higher then it stays inthe garage....[}:)]

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
"real men ride in the cold " my dentist said that to me yesterday, but he has a nighthawk 750, so what does he know jk

Seriously, I went out today for about half an hour. It's 25F outside. on the bike with wind chill, that brought it done to -14F...I had on long underwear, jeans, insulated cordura pants, alpinestars SMX boots, long sleeve T, turtle neck sweater, fleece neck warmer, Alpinestars Dyno Jacket, and my ski gloves (really bad for throttle control) oh...helmet too :D

My finger tips had ice on them when I got home jk[8D]

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
It's slowed me down but it hasn't stopped me completely.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It's slowed me down a little, but I ride as much as I can. We got a couple of inches of snow today and it doesn't look like it will be up to 50 again until Monday or Tuesday. That will give me just enough time to paint my tail section. If it stays around 50 I will probably just practice stunts or something. If it gets up to 60 I will ride all out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It dont snow down here but it gets cold as long as i got all my gear on im riding the rain even better, makes me a better rider like i said as long as i got all my wet wheather gear im lovin it[:p]

·
Registered
246 Posts
I tried to warm up my bike yesterday which happened to be 5 degrees, and my choke lever was frozen shut, probably some moisture in the cable line freezed up. Not crazy enuff to ride it though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.