Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm with Ernie. I've never heard of this magical mod either. Please try it out and let us know what you find, get before and after dyno sheets for us to review as well!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh, and let me know if it modifies the exhaust valve action... I need to know if it'll work with a full exhaust :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mod supposedly gets rid of the "soft rev limiter" starts around 11k i think and keeps ignition advanced to red line. At least the guy who told me about it was not trying to sell me something...If u hear anything plz msg me too. Did u read the link?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I did the jumper wire mod on my 600rr and it really works great. I have heard various explanations as to what it does exactly. It supposedly sets up U.S. bikes to European ECU. I did not put it on a dyno but, I do drag race every week. Weather here is pretty much the same every day during the summer so that is one variable that didn't change between drags. I usually run within 5 hundredths of my times each run as well. I picked up 3 mph and shaved 4 tenths off my quarter mile time when I did the mod. It does work with after market slip ons as it has nothing to do with the exhaust valve just the ECU. It is probably good for 3-7 HP if I had to guess. Try it it works magic.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I had to do 2 jumper mods to my '03 6R [V]. I believe the Muzzy clutch kit (only the full kit) comes with a jumper mod.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i also did the jumper mod and the flux capacitor mod to my 6rrr, my bike is fast. at 80mph, it kicks in and it lays a trail of flames.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I heard the muzzy clutch was the way to go, they say 11 more hp at the rear wheel, but I can't see how it could be more than six or seven.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im gonna sound stupid but what does the full muzzy clutch mod do? is that for drag racing? oh i also heard now the wire jump only affects SET valve not timing, so if no valve no hp gains....just what WERA guys said, dunno.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernie, I think it may be 11 more hp at the crank and 6 or 7 at the wheel. I think I read that online somewhere. If someone knows for sure, let me know. Anyway rockitansky, I wouldn't listen to those WERA guys all the time, I think they're messing with you...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
All Bullshit aside, yeah it gets rid of the Weak ass top end that the ZX6R has in the US version....Some say euro Spec others say exhaust servo, but from what i was explained from Dan kyle and it works just like the RC51 sofr rev limiter preventing the bike from pullind hard into redline, thus cutting power....

Just do it and get the power you should have had from the beginning.
If you want more info just PM me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
any body have the how to for the jumper mod for the 03' 6r

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by quilobo
any body have the how to for the jumper mod for the 03' 6r
You need the Racing Flux Capacitor, it will come with a detailed guide on how to install it and do the jumper mod (or two if you dont have the muzzy clutch)

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, I'm working on a serious project at work and I look at the Forum occassionally to give myself a break and while looking at this thread I snorted laughter so hard people asked me what was so funny.

It was almost as funny as my friend riding my bike this week while I was riding my girlfriends SV650 in front of him. I told him to let it rip. When we got to our destination he said he thought he hit the rev limiter a few times. It really puzzled me because if he had he would have blown by me so fast I would have felt like I was standing still. It wasn't until later when I got back on the bike that I discovered what he thought was the rev limiter was actually the fuel light bouncing on and off. LOL He must have thought I had a wimpy bike, I don't think he ever got it over 10k. Anyway, good thread, it made for some humorous reading.

Full Akro
Dynajet
K&N air
Wire Mod - it works[}:)]

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea what it does is change the ecu specs to european version. the ecu has both maps in it. by doint the jumper you switch to the european settings. did mine and it pull all the way to the rev limiter. hard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys, we have done alot of them. This is what it does.
The US only models ecu causes the valve in the exhaust to "over-rotate" after @11,000rpm.thus shutting off the flow..basically restricting it.

THere are 3 ways around this.

1. buy a euro ecu..too $$
2. buy a slip on or full sytem that removes the valve all together
3. jump the two wires.

We have done this and almost always on our dyno get 10-12RWHP...basically cause the stock bikes roll over soo hard at redline. SO peak hp is only up say 3-5 but the max gain is at say 14,500 is closer to 12rwhp.

It does NOTHING to the 2ndary butterflys, nothing to injectors. Just affects the Sevro valve in the oem exhaust.

I hope this helps.

Eric
EDR Performance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.