Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 06 636 I was wondering if the engine will turn over with the fuel pump removed, the gauge cluster removed and the lights removed... the only reason I ask is my bike was stripped I'm getting ready to sell it and I was trying to get it to just turn over at request... now I'm not getting any sound at all with the key on and the ignition button pushed... Im figuring the battery is dead tho it's only 3 months old... but it is from advance and I didn't put but 5 miles on it, so, with that said I was just wondering what could be the issue other than a dead battery...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Why would it turn over without pumping fuel?????????????????????

Will my car turn over if I don't have the motor in it?
the "engine" would turn over becasue of a little thing called the starter motor that runs off a little thing called a "battery", not fuel. engines will continue to crank without starting for as long as you have juice in the battery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you i'm going to try to jump it in the morning with the car off... :) thank you for those who know how an engine works for your input and thank you fairbanks for the chuckle...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried to start it this morning but I got nothing after further inspection the thick wiring harness from the right handle bar has been cut where it looks like it comes from the engine area. So my assumption is that that wire to the start from the swtich has been severed in that harness...

does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike so maybe I can see what's in this harness that's been cut? I would really appreciate it...

06 zx-6r 636

·
Registered
254 Posts
i figured your right handlebar switch was disconnected. if you have found that it is cut already, just reconnect the wires. same color to same color. i dont reccomend using butt connectors, definately solder and heat shrink it. these wires are very exposed to elements and later on if the starter wire comes loose your gonna be stuck somewhere wishin u soldered that wire.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts