Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get some mean speed wobbles shifting from 2nd to 3rd, you know my hand is cranked and the rpm's 9-10,000. should I get a damper? need to know because I can't ride slow,"I just can't"[^].

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You're not too specific wit hthe type of wobble but I think playing with your suspension settings might help dude....

I dont think a dampener will acomplsih what you are lookning for in this case, but hard to tell becasue you're not specific with the type of wobble.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o.k. the front comes up when shifting,comes back down & I get a quick but hard wobble, bars back & forth. I do find i'm really laxed on my grip. Could that be the problem[?]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
your shouldn't be too agressive with your grip but you could try and anticipate the bike reactions more so you can tighten your fgrip when you have to, but it sounds like alittle suspension tweaking might keep the front end from comming up so easy...

are you running stock compression, dampening and preload? What is your weight?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'M 170lbs & it should be the stock settings, but I've had little x to check. this sat. I'm going to make sure everything is set stock & then go from there. please give feedback on settings! I ride fast & hard always. Not to sure I have the whole rebound, damping shit right.
Thx.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You might to give yourself alittle more preload in the rear. That should get the bike alittle more stable. Since I think the stock preload is setup for 150 lbs riders.

Also maybe 1 click hard on the read compression and 1 click hard on front rebound will help keep the front alittle more planted on hard take offs.

just experiment alittle and write down your settings so you can always go back to stock if you dont like the results.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Even after you get your suspension set-up properly it will still happen. It’s induced by the front wheel barley touching the ground and hitting some bumpy pavement. The steering damper won’t stop it from happening, but it will keep things from getting out of control. I’ve had my suspension set up for me on the track and it still happens. I just got my Ohlins damper in and put on this week. I’ll be at the track on Monday (7/28) and I can let you know if it made a difference, but I’m sure it will because it will give me the confidence to really hammer on it because I now know things won’t get out of control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A couple of my friends and I were riding the other weekend, and i was following one person, and we were coming hard out of a corner from a ramp, and all i see in front of me is his knees stuck out, and his arms swinging vigorously. These were mad wobbles ... i was scared, cause i hadn't seen that happen before. Luckily, he didn't bail.

Is that the same problem? I heard that its normal to get wobbles when you come hard out of a corner. Can this be related, or do you guys still think its suspension? Oh yeah, my friend set his front suspension all the way loose.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"Even after you get your suspension set-up properly it will still happen. It’s induced by the front wheel barley touching the ground and hitting some bumpy pavement. The steering damper won’t stop it from happening, but it will keep things from getting out of control. I’ve had my suspension set up for me on the track and it still happens. I just got my Ohlins damper in and put on this week. I’ll be at the track on Monday (7/28) and I can let you know if it made a difference, but I’m sure it will because it will give me the confidence to really hammer on it because I now know things won’t get out of control."

i do agree, but suspension will help alittle IMHO, if the bike is "rocketing" too much it will help lift the front end alittle, so playing with his suspension might help alittle. Ever see the guys doing wheelies on 600's by bouncing on their suspension to get the front in the air, same sorta principal.

anyhow, the only time I get my front end to skim off the ground is when I rocket out of 1st gear corners, but I'm 205lbs and my 02 doesn't have the juice your 03 has...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey i finally got a chance to set my settings, and i get just alittle
head shake now. ? what mods can i do to get some low end torge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.