Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 2006 650R ninja.

QUICK FIX NEEDED ASAP.
Random new problem. Went out to start my bike.. I put the key in and turned it. Fuel injenction lights goes on. Normal noises, but tachometer doesnt move like it used to. I go to hit the starter and nothing, I dont even hear it trying to crank over...

Anyone had this before? Any ideas?
I will try and get it fixed later today and will post more details soon. Thank you!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Is the battery drained? If its under the needed voltage it might not have enough juice to turn the starter but enough to power the lights. If you have a meter I would put it on there and see how much power the battery has. Might want to check the battery and starter wiring too for lose connections.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Will it start in neutral? Might be your sensor for the kickstand. If not, maybe the tip over sensor.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the replies.

New Info, the neutral light doesnt go on when I put it into Neutral, with kickstand up or down. This and the tach still doesnt move when I switch it into the ON position. No sounds at all when I hit the starter. Also, The rear brake light goes on, but the front light doesnt go on, and I remember it being on when I switch the bike ON.

I charged the battery using the car, I dont think its that.. whats the deal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts