Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there people new to the site, ive bought a 97 zx7 and stripped it to use as a track bike.put new plugs in it and all the usual stuff when servicing.went to start and no go it turns over but wont fire,checked all the usual stuff, fuel and spark seemed ok.bike has been stting around for a few months, it was running then. but wont now,any one got any ideas.i also took clutch side switch gear off,as im using clipons,does any of that wiring effect it in any way.:D:confused::confused:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well i dunno what it means when you say spark and fuel SEEM ok

I would double check that the battery is fully charged, that i got sparks going to all 4 cylinders, id empty the 4 float bowls once each then feed fuel back to all 4 carbs and check that fuel is arriving correctly to all 4 cylinders (check that the spark plugs are wet after cranking for a while?).

·
Registered
235 Posts
spray can engine starting fluid. The VAPOR stuff you spray at your carbs IDK just an idea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it going,found a thread that was on the money,ignition switch grey wire came unsolderd.thanx heaps guys, forum is very usefull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts