Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK as I come close to completion of my project I hit another speedbump (or maybe just a roadblock). Took the bike to my mechanic to install the chain and few other things, and we fired it up. It took a while it had not been turned over in a while. After it started and warmed up we made a couple a quick runs around the block I noticed I had a roblem around 3000 rpm it stumbled bad. Up shift and Ok, until 3000 and then stumbled agian. We were running out of time (he was getting ready to go to road alanta for a race) so I packed it up to work some more another day. Now it will not start, turns over prefectly, but doesn't fire up. (I'd take it back to my machanic but he was involed in the herrible crash at Road Alanta so he is down for about three months). I have a set of kehin FCR's that were installed right out the box can this contribute to the problem? Any steps I can take before that dreadful dealer service run?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by parisdreams
I have a set of kehin FCR's that were installed right out the box can this contribute to the problem? Any steps I can take before that dreadful dealer service run?

Yeah, but I say spark plugs first!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had a similar prob with my wifes old ex500, turned out to be some kind of rubber cover on a breather valve that was dryrotted....

I would start with the plugs to see what condition they are so you at least know if its running rich or lean, and also hows your airbox and connections?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.