Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you think is better? For Sato, is a hundred more dollars, has reverse shifting pattern, and plus it looks great. I'm going for black, so Woodcraft offers that too. While WC is cheaper and no reversing option unless there is something I don't know. I'm planning to order brand new rear sets after Christmas. So I'm asking for the opinions on which I should go. Also I am looking for black rear seat fairings on both sides, if anyone has it please PM me with the prices offered. IT is for 2008 250R.

Also, I just got internet now at my home so be expected to see me post a lot again, and probably stir up some interesting threads.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
sato racing came out with a rearset for the 08+ ninja 250r?? I knew they were working on it....do u have a link to the picture?

·
Registered
188 Posts
just flip over where the shift lever attaches to the motor and you have GP shifting with woodcraft rearsets. you need to carve a little out of your countershaft cover, but is doable.

pict without the countershaft cover installed (which you should keep installed)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yup ^ What he said.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, now I'm on a dilemma....Woodcraft is cheaper, while I like Sato's looks....But I forgot that the picture shown in thread is silver equipped with stock part so it gave me a little scare. :Laughing rolling:So I'm leaning on black WC's now. I'm not getting just the rear set, I'm getting the whole thing like shift lever, and brake pedal.

·
Registered
775 Posts
WC's all the way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm, now I'm on a dilemma....Woodcraft is cheaper, while I like Sato's looks....But I forgot that the picture shown in thread is silver equipped with stock part so it gave me a little scare. :Laughing rolling:So I'm leaning on black WC's now. I'm not getting just the rear set, I'm getting the whole thing like shift lever, and brake pedal.
And the Sato's are adjustable. We had them do that as we have heard from many many track guys about the stock one scraping.
As well as the toe piece on the lever being adjustable for different size feet.

They do cost more but you are getting more as well.

The Sato's also use double Stainless steel ball bearings on each of the levers. This removes all freeplay and makes for both a better feel but easier more positive shifts.

Does anyone know the position of the WC relative to stock??

·
Registered
475 Posts
And the Sato's are adjustable. We had them do that as we have heard from many many track guys about the stock one scraping.
As well as the toe piece on the lever being adjustable for different size feet.

They do cost more but you are getting more as well.

The Sato's also use double Stainless steel ball bearings on each of the levers. This removes all freeplay and makes for both a better feel but easier more positive shifts.

Does anyone know the position of the WC relative to stock??
Hey Dan, you have NOS hooked up to those Satos??? :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Dan, you have NOS hooked up to those Satos??? :Laughing rolling:
No need, we have Nojima exhausts powering his 250.

Ricky did not have the Sato rear sets at the last race, we now have them on his bike as well.

We are getting Ohlins shocks in next week.
And should have some front fork stuff soon as well.

I think you will find the old guy going faster than ever next year.

·
Registered
475 Posts
No need, we have Nojima exhausts powering his 250.

Ricky did not have the Sato rear sets at the last race, we now have them on his bike as well.

We are getting Ohlins shocks in next week.
And should have some front fork stuff soon as well.

I think you will find the old guy going faster than ever next year.
Yeah, he's hooked up. I gonna have to figure out a way to beat him in 09. How did you guys get the big HP? Is it all carb tuning and the pipe?

Sorry for the thread-jack.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, he's hooked up. I gonna have to figure out a way to beat him in 09. How did you guys get the big HP? Is it all carb tuning and the pipe?

Sorry for the thread-jack.
Just the Nojima Pipe and a Dynojet jet kit, installed exactly the way and spec in the kit.

NOTHING special. It just all worked.

I looked around at every 250 Ninja Dyno chart and by far the Nojima was the best.

Back to rear sets:

Ricky had complained about being slowed down due to the stock pegs grinding on the bike, I would guess you could comfirm that is an issue as you have so many bikes. Do you see that on your stockers??

Just to let anyone who does not already know WSMC800 rents out Ninja 250's at Willow Springs raceway and sponsors the race. And I am guessing he will be doing the same at the AFM races as well??

He runs them pretty much stock other than a pipe and jet kit?? Is that right?

·
Registered
116 Posts
And how about a little payback for hijacking this thread. Anyone who is still reading it, how about a quick sale on the Sato Rear sets Retail is $425, lets do a sale price on 10 sets $350.

Gold, Black, or Silver.

Dan 831 394 1330

[email protected]

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just the Nojima Pipe and a Dynojet jet kit, installed exactly the way and spec in the kit.

NOTHING special. It just all worked.

I looked around at every 250 Ninja Dyno chart and by far the Nojima was the best.

Back to rear sets:

Ricky had complained about being slowed down due to the stock pegs grinding on the bike, I would guess you could comfirm that is an issue as you have so many bikes. Do you see that on your stockers??

Just to let anyone who does not already know WSMC800 rents out Ninja 250's at Willow Springs raceway and sponsors the race. And I am guessing he will be doing the same at the AFM races as well??

He runs them pretty much stock other than a pipe and jet kit?? Is that right?
Dan,

Yes they are mostly stock. Some people do touch the pegs down, but really depends on rider weight and cornering style. They fold up anyway, so it really hasn't been that much of an issue for my renters. Makes em feel good to touch down hard parts, too :)

I'll be at all the AFM and Wera West rounds in 09, in addition to WSMC.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
And how about a little payback for hijacking this thread. Anyone who is still reading it, how about a quick sale on the Sato Rear sets Retail is $425, lets do a sale price on 10 sets $350.

Gold, Black, or Silver.

Dan 831 394 1330

[email protected]
Nice deal. Can you tell me if everything will bolt right up to the rearsets from the stock setup or would I need to do modifications to have the brake stuff all work with these rearsets?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts