Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So the pipe made me have to relocate my rear turn signals. I don't have any pics of that yet. It's a ti can, round, highmount. I have moved my rear turn signals, but won't be that way for long. I am getting kit from vfxkits.com, and have something planned for the license plate. Let's just say, stock license plate bracket, two l-brackets, and the license plate will be tucked underneath the tail. I found these license plate bolts that have built-in lights in them, which will light the plate up. I will do this mod when I have time (probably winter), and will post pics. The license plate bolt lights are from DEI. I will post pics of those too when I'm done the mod.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add too, it sounds awesome. I have heard Micron, Devil, and Akro on the 03 636. I really like the Hindle. Pricewise it's so much less. I wanted a highmount, round can, but small like the Devil or Hindle. I'm glad I went with the Hindle, less cost, and it's not French! People on the roads, even highways turn their heads to see what the noise is. It's definitely good that cagers hear you coming, cause at least they know to look for something.

·
Registered
211 Posts
it looks great. is there a benefit to the titanium over the polished or carbon fiber or is it just the look? also i can only find it in oval and not the round so i am wandering if there is a benefit to the oval or again just the look. once again it looks great...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ti cans do not get as hot as the aluminum ones. I believe this is also the case for carbon cans. I can go for quite a long ride, and touch my ti can, actually hold it there for at least a few seconds, whereas with the stock can, I would just tap the exhaust and nearly burn myself. Looks is the real factor though. Round is apparently louder.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ok that is good enough for me. i will keep my eye open for the round can then but i dont think it will be much louder, do you?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it's significantly louder. I'm sure most, if not all, people couldn't tell the difference. The reason I went with the smaller round can is because I think it follows the lines of the tail end of the 636 better. The tail end is so narrow and high, an oval one would look bulkier from the side.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ok then i think i might go with the titanium can myself. i am not going to polish my frame so the titanium will blend in with that more. yeah i like the carbon but my wallet doesn't. have either of you seen the yoshi hi-mounts yet? i can not find any pics of it.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, I haven't seen them. I have heard that they are a high 'exit' system, not a high 'mount', meaning, they are not necessarily parallel to the tail section, rather, they are angled more so that the can exit is higher. Kind of like what the Moriwaki (sp?) system does.

·
Registered
211 Posts
oh no i think i am going to stay with the Hindle for now. I finally found the round can and the oval and the round is cheaper so that is good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone have any web sites where you will find reviews or hp tests done on this pipe? I am worried about losing my 7000rpm power. As you all know the 636 at 7 grand you just have to turn the throttle and the front wheel is in the air..Any mid range power loss?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't noticed any power loss at all, maybe even some gain. I rode my bike for about 45 min to the shop, and rode it right after having the pipe put on. I can tell you that it 'felt' like it had more 'oomph'. This could have been all in my head of course, as I new the pipe was going on. To be honest though, I got the pipe for looks and sound, didn't expect any power increase. So, I don't know if that says anything about me feeling a power increase.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that rocks. I have the hindle carbon fiber. but not high mount. it has a awsome sound:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just cant get enough of that highmount. It looks like something I might want to do, when I end up getting a 636. How much did you pay for the whole thing? Do you have anymore specs for it as well? Thanks:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did they rear peg rewlocator come with the kit? I am buying a factory kawasaki high mount hindle, for off road use only and not available to the piblic, but I don't know if I can relocate my pegs or not. The peg position looks uncomfortable for the passenger..I know my bike is really only for 1 person and it's more fun that way, however the misses will not hear anything about not replacing the rear pegs..lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Price: Just over $400 CAD, or $300 USD. Peg relocator comes with kit. I thought it may have been too far out for the passenger. It isn't. Specs? No, it's just a slip-on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
go to www.hammythecanman.com and tell him to give you prices for a few different manufactures and he is pretty good at getting back to you quickly. i got my titanium, hindle, hi-mount for only 305 delivered to my door. it does come with the peg relocator kit. good luck...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.