Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone watch Stunt Junkies on the 30th? Kane Friesen set the world record stoppie speed on a (mostly) stock ZX10R!! 137 mph!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaK1E6BV_0

This is a shortened clip of the show if no one saw it.

Congrats Kane on the record and picking Kawi's to stunt on!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's some sick shit. I've had a stoppie go into a tank slapper at about 70 mph and it was horrifying. I can't even imagine growing balls big enough to try a stoppie at those speeds.

·
Registered
668 Posts
he had a custom GPR dampener and i highly doubt it would wobble with how low it was. (not hating...i wouldnt do it) and Race Tech tuned forks and top trpile with trail adjustment. the stoppie was not the longest ever just the fastest. o ya stock brakes aside from SS lines.

props to kane for pushing the sport into the mainstreams eye.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I think it's cheap that the record isn't fought for on the same bike. In a couple years some new kid is gonna blow the new record away with his GSX-R 2100 with anti-wobble kit and a stoppie sway bar balancing system.

Of course Kane will watch in astonishment, and wonder what he might have done wrong...

P.S. - That's like someone fighting for the world record of pizza eating. One person eats a 42 Cici's small Pizza's and the other eats 13 Papa Johns Xtra-Large Pizza's.

Man that First person can really eat!

·
Registered
375 Posts
yeah he's from Vegas I've seen him and he's pretty good. Thats some crazy shit though. It doesnt look like he even came close to the distance record though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by trig
I think it's cheap that the record isn't fought for on the same bike. In a couple years some new kid is gonna blow the new record away with his GSX-R 2100 with anti-wobble kit and a stoppie sway bar balancing system.

Of course Kane will watch in astonishment, and wonder what he might have done wrong...

P.S. - That's like someone fighting for the world record of pizza eating. One person eats a 42 Cici's small Pizza's and the other eats 13 Papa Johns Xtra-Large Pizza's.

k.

you go beat it.

and tell your sister not to eat so much pizza.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

although that's a nearly legitimate argument, it really isn't... at all...

it doesn't matter if it's a GSX-R 9,000,000 or an EX250/250R.. you have to be crazy enough to want to do a stoppie/endo at nearly 140mph (the majority of the international population have never even been that fast, let alone on one wheel!)

and I'd hesitate to really say that it would be easier to do it at that type of speed on one bike than another. I think the bike is the slightest of the variables, and the suspension setup is the biggest. all the bike really has to do is get up to speed, and the rider pretty much does the rest from there in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

although that's a nearly legitimate argument, it really isn't... at all...

it doesn't matter if it's a GSX-R 9,000,000 or an EX250/250R.. you have to be crazy enough to want to do a stoppie/endo at nearly 140mph (the majority of the international population have never even been that fast, let alone on one wheel!)

and I'd hesitate to really say that it would be easier to do it at that type of speed on one bike than another. I think the bike is the slightest of the variables, and the suspension setup is the biggest. all the bike really has to do is get up to speed, and the rider pretty much does the rest from there in my opinion.
I never said I would do it, nor that I could. But if the average bike can get a tankslapper at 40mph, and his can be stable on the front wheel at 140mph, isn't it technology that beat the record?

Of course, it's about having the balls to do it. But if someone tells you to do it on one of two bikes, one being safer and one being more dangerous...would you pick the more dangerous? No, you'd pick the safer bike, pull it off, and still beat the record.

I'm just saying it's way too easy for someone to beat the record when they have more money than the other person has balls.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

I never said I would do it, nor that I could. But if the average bike can get a tankslapper at 40mph, and his can be stable on the front wheel at 140mph, isn't it technology that beat the record?

Of course, it's about having the balls to do it. But if someone tells you to do it on one of two bikes, one being safer and one being more dangerous...would you pick the more dangerous? No, you'd pick the safer bike, pull it off, and still beat the record.

I'm just saying it's way too easy for someone to beat the record when they have more money than the other person has balls.
I don't care how much money or technology the motorcycle has.. and that goes for ANY motorcycle.. I'm not doing a stoppie at 140mph or anywhere near it! You might have spent $20,000 having a shop tune your suspension or make it from scratch.. It doesn't make a difference, because when it comes down to it, the only thing between you and the road is air.. and no matter how safe it is, you're still doing a nearly 140mph stoppie!

·
Registered
668 Posts

no technology didnt beat the record. riding did. stoppies dont get wobbly unless youre super high without a damper (or with one sometimes) and/or bad pavement and/or broughtit up to high too fast.

that wasnt a BP stoppie. it was hard braking.

the avg gets a tank slapper @ 40 because of bad riding.

you dont know what youre talking about so im done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
my 2c it wasn't balance point and i was kinda ashamed to the normal eye it was ok but from a rider i was like what the hell is this especially the new tire! no one does that i like mine broke in a good 2 months in advance its a weird bike as it is. He was swaying side to side because he was pushing the stoppie i got a R1 im building to take the new record... on Balance point that is all ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Physical therepy 4 times a week
Cycling 14.5 miles per day
Weights and stretches

Doing a Show this weekend the Nurse is amazed im coming back this fast... P.S. NO PINK WILL EVER TOUCH THIS BODY UNLESS IT HAS TWO TITS AND A WET HOLE lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.