Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Walker for PSG Kawasaki takes first place at Assen race 1 in the wet. Troy Corsa, Troy Bayliss, and Kagayama all wrecked out in the wet conditions. Walker poled on the third or fourth row, and was run off the track on turn 1 lap 1, re-entered the race in 26th place, and fought all the way to the front of the race, and walked away from Andrew Pitt in second place, finishing the race with a 3-second gap to 2nd.

Unfortunately, NascarTV isn't showing race 2 until Tuesday. I have no idea why, though...maybe it was red-flagged and ran long, because on tuesday they have a two-hour block set aside for WSBK race 2. Anyway...probably one of the most eventful races in the series thus far.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by lbknuckles
wont tell you the result of the second race then!!
Thanks...Haga wrecked out too in day 1, didn't he? It was freaking nuts...Bayliss chasing Haga going into the corner, Haga hydroplanes just before turn in and the bike bogs, so Bayliss has to hit the brakes hard and he runs wide into the grass and is passed by the guy behind him, who promply DUMPS it in that corner as Bayliss runs back on course and chases down Haga, who then had a 5 second lead or so because of Bayliss going off track...then Bayliss dumps it trying to catch up to Haga, and a few laps later, Haga dumps it in the same corner Bayliss did with massive lead ahead of 2nd... man. Not exciting as far as great high-speed maneuvers, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole race. Walker was riding VERY strong. He was consistantly putting power down at leans I didn't even know you could -ride- at in a downpour like that. Man, now I can't wait for Tuesday. :D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That was a crazy ass race.I could'nt believe Haga crashed out.

Congrats to Chris Walker. He looks like he's 50.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Daryl 636
That was a crazy ass race.I could'nt believe Haga crashed out.

Congrats to Chris Walker. He looks like he's 50.
Yeah, Walker's been around for a while. It still gets me though...Haga had to know he had the race in the bag...no idea why he would have decided to push it in the same corner that everyone was going down in that day.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw Race 2 this evening...I don't know if it's an international thing or what, but the TV coverage on Nascar TV really blew...they completely missed a few of the most important passes in the whole race. It was great, and it's good to see Ducati owning the field (also good to see Kawi get two podiums in one weekend, one of them a 1st)...Bayliss is destroying everyone...it's great to see. =) And Xaus had a strong performance in the beginning on his non-factory Ducati.

Spoiler for last week's AMA Supersport:

(somewhat off topic) I also just saw the AMA Supersport at Road Atlanta this evening (TiVo is a great thing). I knew Hayden's bike had a mechanical issue from the first lap when Hacking flew past him on turn 7 after the back straight. From Hacking's on-board, Hayden actually got a better drive off the corner than Hacking did, and held it for 1/3 of the back straight, and then it looked like Hayden just rolled off the throttle and let Hacking by, but it happened every lap in the same place. Really frustrating to know that Hayden was completely capable of handing Hacking his ass if the bike didn't have the mechanical issues. He was DESTROYING Hacking in turns 1-6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.