Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my boy ran a 122.437 at maxton on his old skool, stock motor 2 fiddy after a nitrous jet change.. i think he was running an 8 hp shot.
says the bike is making about 35hp or thereabouts...

my man Ali from RnR cycles in virginia.. the man is fast. also was with him at loring last year when we tried for "worlds fastest nitrous bike" on his ZX12R. missed it by just a bit, but he ran a 229.621 trap speed.
also this weekend, he was recruited to run another guy's 1530 stroked/ported/big-bore/sprayed ZX14.. ran a 207.xxx pass on a slipping clutch.

there was another new 250 ninja there.. with like, 637 miles on it. lmao.. not sure what he ran tho.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Siick.

******, do the flying mile or lsr guys run wet or dry shots on their bikes, generally speaking?

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really depends on the bike owner. alot of the guys run wet simply because it's safer and easier to tune.. but theres quite a few that run dry as well. i want to say the 250 is wet, but i know his 12R is dry, with 2-30 shots in the intake.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
It'd be hard to have a wet setup since the 250's don't have an electric fuel pump. I think you'd just have to jet it rich as all hell. For a 600cc+ bike an 8hp shot isn't too bad and could be done with re-mapping, with a 250 8hp is somewhere aroudn 33% more power so a 33% additional fueling requirement is pretty significant.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'd be hard to have a wet setup since the 250's don't have an electric fuel pump. I think you'd just have to jet it rich as all hell. For a 600cc+ bike an 8hp shot isn't too bad and could be done with re-mapping, with a 250 8hp is somewhere aroudn 33% more power so a 33% additional fueling requirement is pretty significant.
he spent alot of time on the dyno the day before.. lol
i know how nitrous works, but i don't care for it. heres part of his rat's nest.

i say wet because theres 2 lines, but that doesn't mean he wasn't just using one. it may have been dry. i really don't know. i'll ask him tho.

Great Job Ali . You are the man . Worlds fastest 250 ninja.
he definitely did well!! Ali is my homey. it was good to see him. but he was pissed he couldn't have a cold one after the race since the surrounding area is lame as hell. lol

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Yeah that's definitely a wet setup. You don't plumb a red line to a nitrous nozzle unless you're going to run fuel through it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow great, I also own a Ninja 250R and it does a speedo indicated 170 km/h without any mods. My old beast still manages to keep up with my friends new Ninja 300 on long highway runs. The new Kawasaki Ninja 250 has a top speed of around 175 km/h tested by mototechindia. I wonder what will be the performance figure of future Ninja series bikes as the emission compliance rules tighten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts