Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not street legal, but I heard that the harley screaming eagle destroyer is the fastest production motorcycle on earth. How close is the zx-14? anyone have any #'s 0-60,1/4 mile?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I can't imagine anything by Harley being as fast as a zx14.... maybe from 0 to 30 mph, but after that that 1400 cc inline four is gunna F*ck it over real fast.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
A friend of mine is a lead engineer at HD in Milwakee. He explained the whole thing to me. SOmething about a kit that is only made for racing purposes. I beleive they stopped producing them. I can't remember what the hell he said cause I was half drunk and could care less about what HD is trying to do:D

I'll ask him again and post up what he says.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
They have to get it to stop leaking oil first, just like every other Hardly engine ever produced.

·
Registered
245 Posts
something tells me everyone has forgoten about the y2k bike unless production on those have stopped in that case it was the fastest production bike

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
a few years ago (2001) i read in Guiness records that the hayabusa was the fastest mass produced "vehicle" available to the public. i would guess its the zx14 if its supposed to be mass produced and readily available for sale.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i was cruisin home one night from a ride and come up next to a vrod that had every screamin eagle product on it... this thing was fast and actually kept up with me through all the gears, i was really surprised at how fast it was...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeah, but their still going to suck on a twisty road. :)

I heard this last night from a guy who interupted my convo with my friend about bikes, He said that the "only hardly thats not leaking is an empty one"

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rented a v-rod a couple of years ago and smoked my buddies 94' gsxr750 on it. twice. I heard that the destroyer v-rod runs 9.4 to 9.6 but I can't find the actual 1/4 mile times. The zx-14 runs 9.68 according to sportrider. So from what I hear, yes, the harley is the world's fastest bike to roll off of a production line. Like I said though, I can't find a documented official 1/4 mile time for it. I'm a motorcycle fanatic, I'm no kawanazi. The v-rod is the bike for me and the wife to go 2 up on and still smoke the occasional 600cc sportbike. Not to mention, females will practically jump out of their cars and on the back of the rod at every stop light. More so than on the ninja by far. It just can't corner for shit though. I'll keep looking for that 1/4 mile time, I want to know which bike does the 1/4 faster.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I could find for the destroyer is 9.2 @ 143 mph in the 1/4 mile. Faster than the busa, faster than the zx-14.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by gumby
something tells me everyone has forgoten about the y2k bike unless production on those have stopped in that case it was the fastest production bike
Who made the y2k bike?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by cyberdos

whooptie freaking do.

I heard they handled great:
http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64280
First off, the v-rod is liquid cooled, designed by porsche, and is the anti-harley. Those fat bastards in the video you posted here more than likely hate the v-rod, All airhead big twin rider faggets do. Bikers and sport bike riders alike hate the v-rod and that makes me want it even more! (the ladies sure like it though[8D])Harley is coming around, because people in the baby boomer generation are not buying as many bikes as before, and now harley has no choice but to cater to us young studs. AS far as handling goes, take the vrscr street rod for a spin on some twisties once, I could keep up with you on your best day on that bike. I don't knock bikes, just certain uninformed asswipes out there. As for that video, I was laughing mao at it, and still say that idiot crashed because he was fixated on not going in the ditch, amature rider.Oh and passing on a corner on a 750+ pound touring bike. Like it or not, big whoopty freakin doo, Harley has the world's fastest production motorcycle and i say good job to them for letting porsche help design a killer motor that dominates the fucking planet! now let me get my flame suit on.....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by T_dub

AS far as handling goes, take the vrscr street rod for a spin on some twisties once, I could keep up with you on your best day on that bike.
Don't be so sure of yourself. You've never ridden with me.;)

I don't knock bikes, just certain uninformed asswipes out there.
I hear you. I don't like people knocking on bikes either. After all, they all have 2 wheels and I'm all for 2 wheels and not 4.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
The Duc Desomsedici IS a fuckin' beast. They had one at Laguna Seca. I touched it. hehehe ;)

Well...it WAS a beast...until I saw the Motocyscz C1, and Michael Cyscz fired it up and revved the shit out of it. THAT thing is a fucking MONSTER.

Ricky Gadson ran a low 8-second pass on a strapped and lowered, but otherwise stock ZX-14. Did everyone forget about that? You could strap and lower a V-rod too, but it wouldn't do much.

The Desmosedici HAS to be the fastest production bike. Over 200 horse, massive torque, and weighing in at under 350 pounds? It's not designed for it, but I bet you if you strapped and lowered it and replaced the slipper clutch with a Muzzy clutch ( :D ) you could waste anything.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.