Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally 2 miles later cruise about 70 and boom the motor drops. Don't know what happened to it but its blown. Sucks to I've babied the crap out of this bike too. Hoping this is covered under warranty it should be. I've only rejetted and replaced the stock air box. Sigh. No more riding for awhile.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Literally 2 miles later cruise about 70 and boom the motor drops. Don't know what happened to it but its blown. Sucks to I've babied the crap out of this bike too. Hoping this is covered under warranty it should be. I've only rejetted and replaced the stock air box. Sigh. No more riding for awhile.
sorry to hear.

hate to tell you, but I have a bad feeling about this, depending on what they find to be the cause of the blown engine.

can you be a bit more specific on what blew? what were your jetting specs?

edit- found from one of your earlier posts...

I'm running Dyno Jet 100 3 turns out with a K&N filter and an interesting exhaust. It's noticeably less mileage wise probably around 235 or so a tank riding 55 mph.
If you were running with the K&N filter and DJ 100 mains, that is way too lean. I hope that's not your problem, but if it is, I doubt this will be covered under warranty. :(

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that were the case should I just keep it in my garage for a month and Buy the Factory Pro kit then replace the jets.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
If that were the case should I just keep it in my garage for a month and Buy the Factory Pro kit then replace the jets.
How'd you get it to rev past 6,000 RPM's with 100 main jets? The bike will only run SO lean before it won't rev any higher. I think anything below 106 and it plain just won't rev in the first place? :confused:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly don't know I was just looking at the bike and there was a loose tube next to the shifter and liquid came out. But Checked everything else and it was in order. I was cruising and All of a sudden it started slowing down i might just be the crank. But Yes with the Largest Jets out of the 2193 kit it ran fine. Clip was 3 down from the top with 2 washers under it. Never sounded lean sounded a little rich prior to the K and N. But reved fine no problem. Also was running a straight through muffler. So I don't know I have a feeling something was funky on the cooling system but a light never came on and the coolant level was fine so hmmm.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't have been lean it could go to redline in all gears.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k in process

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Um what should i be looking for on the plugs

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Heh. I hate to be a nag, but can you get a clearer picture of it? It appears like an excellent plug, but It's kind of blurry in the pic.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats just it both plugs are prestine. My camera sucks.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Does it start at all now? What color liquid was coming out of the hose BTW? Was it green, and how much of it was there?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried starting it whe I got home earlier nada. liquid isn't green but smells interesting

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey I just pulled the other plug and the metal thing The electrode I thinkis pressed against the other metal part.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As of right now I think I'm going to buy a stock air box and then take it to the dealer I bought it from.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.