Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how well this will work, but just wondering what are the worst wrecks you guys have had?

For me personally I was practicing first gear clutch ups in my old high school parking lot on my 97 gixxer 600 when i looped it and the bike flipped over on top of me. Needless to say i got a broken collarbone and a totalled bike. Spent 3 hrs in the emergency room and have been off work nearly 3 months now.Dont worry, a month after the accident i went out and bought a 03'636(wish i woulda got one sooner)
and still ridin w/ the busted shoulder!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rear ended at a red light by a taxi doin 40mph. Said he fell asleep. Totalled bike, broke left lower leg, right thumb, and jaw. Was wired up for 7 weeks, I still have nerve issues in my left leg, and I have a burning sensation in my foot almost all the time.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Originally posted by 636 son
first gear wheelies are a big no no!!!
if i'm gonna go down i'd rather dump it at 15 mph rather than 60.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^I agree. All my buddies had bikes but they were just learing too, so I didnt really have any help learning. They havent had any problems YET!

·
Registered
810 Posts
i dont know if this counts as a wreck even,but i should get the award for most embarassing drop ever - i was trying out my new icon jeans and gloves around the block and was planning on going for a sweet ride when i reached down to adjuist my pants (which had ridden up a little bit)....I somehow twisted the throttle and the front end went into a wobble. Dropped it at like 8mph...total ******! This girl saw me and was like omg are u ok. Needless to say i left the tinted visor down as i pulled the broken bike up [xx(] side fairings,broken brake lever, and mirror later...its back to 100%

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by 636 son
first gear wheelies are a big no no!!!
Unless your very smooth at it...

I first gear wheelie all the time quck rev then up she goes then back off the throttle. I'll say 2nd is a smoother wheelie but your flying in 2nd gear...

I snag first gear at like 20 MPH then ride until it hits about 65MPH...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
^yeah, so having it happen at an actual 60 mph would be that much worse.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Truck pulled out in front of me, with my 10 year old Daughter on the back. Happened July 25th, 2004. Thank God, NOTHING happened to her. Me? Broken neck, T1, T2, broken scapula, clavicle, 4 broken toes, 10 busted ribs, 2 puntured lungs, lacerated kidney, liver, and spleen, and a broken pinky. 2 months in the hospital, out of work for a year. Happened on my new GSX-R 600. 6 months after accident, I got my Ninja, so something good came of it. Nothing I could do to avoid it. I've been riding since I was 8, and the guy pulled across 2 lanes of traffic at the very last second. As for my daughter on the back? She never rides with me, just happened to want to go to the Mall with me to get some stickers..........

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
my story doesnt compare to the one above, but heres mine... june 3, 2006: i was doing a wheelie and set it down and then WOT and somehow went into a tank slapper (the skid marks are still there and go for over a hundred feet) and crossed into oncoming traffic and almost got tagged by an oncoming car and then slid for a little bit and somehow the bike went back up right and so did i and i superman'd it into a telephone pole and the bike went through a sign. broke right ulna and radius and i have a plate and seven screws, broken left middle finger, 4 broken ribs, broken right hip with a plate and two rods that go through my femur into my hip, broken right ankle and a fractured left heel because the foot peg went into the back of my heel. i still have an indent in my heel. was in the hospital for only a week and went back to work after four months. quite the recovery....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does it count if you don't wreck? I was playing around on a cement hill underside of an interstate bridge. I was going up by the roadside and launching down to the bottom. I did it a dozen over so times smooth no problems. The last time I caught a bit more of the powerband on a two-stroke and cleared the bottom to a flat landing. about a 40ft drop. I shattered both Tib and Fib in both legs, but I rode it out. I however spent the next year and a half recovering.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my story doesnt compare to the one above, but heres mine... june 3, 2006: i was doing a wheelie and set it down and then WOT and somehow went into a tank slapper (the skid marks are still there and go for over a hundred feet) and crossed into oncoming traffic and almost got tagged by an oncoming car and then slid for a little bit and somehow the bike went back up right and so did i and i superman'd it into a telephone pole and the bike went through a sign. broke right ulna and radius and i have a plate and seven screws, broken left middle finger, 4 broken ribs, broken right hip with a plate and two rods that go through my femur into my hip, broken right ankle and a fractured left heel because the foot peg went into the back of my heel. i still have an indent in my heel. was in the hospital for only a week and went back to work after four months. quite the recovery....

----

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by kawizx6r05
That compares.........glad you are alright.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Going too fast around a corner (~50mph) and due to inexperience, low-sided. Slid across the road before hitting the guardrail and ending up on the other side of the road. Thankfully no one was behind me or in the other lane of traffic.

Personally nothing happened other than a sprained ankle. But there were $5000 worth of damages to the bike and 2 months later I'm still waiting to get it back from the dealer.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Parked clear of I-15 with all overheads on, rear ended by a pickup doing at least 80, spun into traffic - lifeflighted to UCSD burn center.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.