Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 05 636 with no mods wa thinking about ordering the following would you do any different
1. yosh rs-5 slip on for now
2. PC III
3. vortex rearsets
4. bmc air filter
4. gaffer superbike ss lines with hh pads
5. puig rear hugger
6. no cut frame sliders
7. puig db windscreen
8. swingarm spools
9. crg levers shorty style
10. free be jumper mod
11. flush mount turn signals
12. intergrated brake
13. 520 chain conversion maybe
14. pilot power tires maybe

over winter planing on doing the full akra system

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What are you planning on doing with the bike? The rearsets are much less comfortable for the street, the CRG levers break in crashes, you will get about 3 hp total from the slip, filter and PCIII.

If you want to go faster, I suggest you stick with doing some track days,upgrading the suspension and doing the brakes like you laid out. The rest of the stuff is just bling and won't make you any faster or a better rider, just broker.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking at getting into more of the track days and also some show stuff to make it look a little better i allready got the yosh for $60 thats why im not doing the full akra yet the old lady will kill me for spending money on 2 exhaust in 2 weeks

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Dont worry about the full akra, bike has enough balls with the wire jumper mod done and a slip-on, but i would recomend a PCIII with a tune for where you are at.
Aftermarket Air Filter wont get you any HP, just reusable
Get some suspension,,,a steering damper should be on the top of the list, As Ernie said..

Then fork revalve or cartridge
but the windscreen i would say is the 1st thing i would buy.
your bike has a 520 chainset already on it.

I did cosmetic as well as performance, but suspension is key to any good bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I love the Vortex rearsets. I think they are very comfortable and your feet stick to them. I highly recommend them. Especially in black. I love the Yoshi RS-5 also. Sounds sweet as hell. I got it ceramic coated black and its bad ass.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Spend your money on tyres........lots of'm.Once you get to where you can trash a set in a cpl w/ends,spend money on susp. pcs.Best of luck,BW

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
suspension is key to any good bike.
+100 I care more about suspension than horsepower. Luckily, the stock stuff works fine for my weight (165) once I got the sag set. Maybe a bit soft for track use, but pretty nice on the street.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are you guys talking about suspension replaceing the rear shock and the inside of the forks or just getting the stock stuff adjusted and dialed in for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.