Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone out there who wont look down on me for have a 500 instead of a 600, every were i go somone runs there mouth about my 500

·
Registered
320 Posts
who cares what other people think of you...if you like it fuck everyone else

·
Registered
380 Posts
Screw em. The other night there was an open track session and the only safety requirement was a helmet. There were a couple guys out there on dualsports in t-shirts and jeans making fools of the 600s (me included)in the twisties. It's all in the riding and people that don't get that usually can't ride for crap anyway. My wife holds her own in corners and drives out of them with enough speed to make me smile every time on her 250. I think the posers are the ones who try the hardest to prove that they're not by knocking other people's gear. As for the guys on the dual sports, I'm convinced they left their AMA track bikes in the garage at home and just came out to put a few people in their places. Those guys were freakin flying!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dude, I got a 500 as my first bike this summer. I got it because I want to learn to become a better rider and step up as my skills grow. Just ignore them and have fun. Real riders will be cool with it. Btw, you paid less and get better gas milage than they do.

Plus, thinking about the 250 being almost 100 pounds lighter, I'm sure its a blast to toss into corners! :D And that is by no means a 600.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There realy is no reason to buy a 600 unless you plan to race or don't mind paying out the bum for some acceleration that you can't realyl use on the road 95% of the time. I'd say about 75% of people I know that ride 600+cc supersport bikes do so just because of image. Most of them can't even keep up with me on my 250 once the road turns twisty.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Don't pay any mind to idiots. Just because it's a smaller cc bike doesn't mean shit. A 500 is a great bike, unknown to most people though. Like I posted in your other thread, put a full muzzy on that bitch and watch them go [:M23] when you ride up on them.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I take the wife's 500R to work once in a while and the guys at work bust my balls but I don’t care. I’d smoke them in their cars all day long. I had the bike topped out at 130 mph – pinned in 6th gear, tucked in. Not bad at all. It will out accelerate 99% of cars that are on the street.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
i'm with cutelilkitty... fuck em.

but if you really need to stick it up their ass, get a few track days under your belt and you will be able to EASILY outrun most people on a twisty road. you should see all the varsious sizes of bikes i pass on my 250. i'm sure it's very embarassing for people with something to prove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks you guys made me feel alot better, the other night i actually out ran a gsxr in a straight away after he told me to take my piece home at a light i could of got lucky or his bike could of been a peice from him beating on it there could of been a number of reasons why he was slower but i still beat him and at the next light he didnt pull up next to me he stoped about 8 ft back it was great

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by jay690045
thanks you guys made me feel alot better, the other night i actually out ran a gsxr in a straight away after he told me to take my piece home at a light i could of got lucky or his bike could of been a peice from him beating on it there could of been a number of reasons why he was slower but i still beat him and at the next light he didnt pull up next to me he stoped about 8 ft back it was great

Yeah! Represent for the 500's!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by BaSSiUsMaXiMoUs
when you pass me marshmallow im just gonna say i was waiting for someone :D hahaha [^]
you had better be waiting for me!!!! (giggle)
i can't believe i missed this reply yesterday!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I take my 22-yeard old GPz550 to N. GA and keep up with most of the big bikes in the twisties.

My sis had a EX500 and was faster than most that hit the NC twisties. I rode it at times and had a blast with it. More than enough power and fun.

Yes, I love my ZX6R, it handles better and has far better tires and suspension. But in tight mountain twisties it is soo trottle sensitive it is a pain at times.

My only beef with the 500 is it could use bigger tires with a mor modern profile. My sis's '04 had the same size as my '83 550.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont really caer what people think of riding a 500 al my friends have a 600 or higher it doesnt matter what u ride as long as you can ride better then them it doesnt matter youll smoke them anyday

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I can only speak for the 250, and I think you will learn 10,000 times more on the bike. Other than that it's cheaper, and still goes faster than what you could really need on the road.. But still I'm buying a 600+. I also plan on keeping my 250 for economical purposes, and using my 600 on the track.

·
Registered
270 Posts
REMEMBER, THE BIGGER THE DISPLACEMENT, THE SMALLER THE PENIS.

that's why my bike is a 185cc 2-stroke.

and my ducati isn't the only thing marshmallow calls a monster!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.