Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Just picked up my 03 RR with 1400 miles last week :)

Oh, and orange is definitely the new hotness
thats awesome. so, is ur RR orange? not suposed to be

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are they that different? I got a 03, but have been using the service manual for the 05-06. Motor-wise, they seem to be pretty much the same. I thought the cases were the same part numbers? Internally, they seem to match up the same. In any case, if anyone has the manual on CD for the 03-04 they could send me, let me know.
Bought mine with a bad transmission, and had to fix that. Now it turns out I may have to pull the head, tear it down and rebuild it. Riding it hasn't gone great so far, but at least I'm learning some more in depth mechanical stuff. Good thing I have a Honda to ride while the Ninja is down!:D
Yes they are different. Even if only slightly, if your doing a engine tear down, get the correct manual.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Are they that different? I got a 03, but have been using the service manual for the 05-06. Motor-wise, they seem to be pretty much the same. I thought the cases were the same part numbers? Internally, they seem to match up the same. In any case, if anyone has the manual on CD for the 03-04 they could send me, let me know.
Bought mine with a bad transmission, and had to fix that. Now it turns out I may have to pull the head, tear it down and rebuild it. Riding it hasn't gone great so far, but at least I'm learning some more in depth mechanical stuff. Good thing I have a Honda to ride while the Ninja is down!:D
got my kawasaki service manual off ebay for 20.00 new and its the paper back manual and it shows u all the step by step procedures and how to's

·
Registered
248 Posts
thats awesome. so, is ur RR orange? not suposed to be
Oh no, it's green like all the rest of them. I do prefer the orange, however :)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Reliability of the 03-04 636's is pretty damn good. Ive heard of issues with the transmissions on newer 05-06's but my 04 can take a beating, Im pushing 45,000 miles on my beast and still love her to death, especially when she gets all twitchy while pushing 13,000rpm on uneven pavement lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had my plate like that for two years now, never even once got a second look from a cop... surprisingly you can read it from behind, or else I would've moved it.

About the stickers, I actually kinda like the way they look.. I've seen orange ones without the stickers it's way too plain looking for me

·
Registered
706 Posts
yup there is a bunch of us that for sure! But unfortunately i have the only green bike in a 150 mile radius of my home..so I'll have to be careful this summer. but here's mine
04 ZX6R yes i know they are 03 stickers

·
Registered
248 Posts
Your bike is pure sex. I know it may be blasphemous, but I much prefer the orange (or even a blue) to the green. I really wanted an R6 but found such a great deal on my RR, I couldn't pass it up. I'm glad I didn't too. If I could acquire an orange tank, I'd get my hands on the plastics soon after and pull off a conversion. Unfortunately, those parts aren't cheap, and the prices add up quickly.

Anyways, awesome bike.

·
Registered
476 Posts
man if i didn't have a wedding to pay for i would use my tax return to get a set of orange fairings and an orange tank. my fiance wanted a new ninja 250 and i told her she couldn't blow her tax return and money from grants for school on one until we had enough money for the wedding, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to do it. if i ever get a zx10 its going to be the orange one they made in either 04 or 05. damn good looking bike though:cheers-004::hitit:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the servive manual for 03-04 zx6rr. I can email it to you if you want.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There definitely needs to be an 03-04 sub-forum, for sure. Not that I have anything against any 05-06 owners or their bikes, but it would make sense to have a place where owners of the same likeness model can get together and exchange info

·
Registered
339 Posts
whoring out the orange.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.