Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i placed an order 7/1/11. They haven't even taken my payment yet....its Wednesday 7/6/11, my shit i ordered should be on my bike already, they said its 1-3day free shipping with orders over $100.

5 days and nothing has been done as of right now, i know it was a holiday weekend, but there are compeitor websites that would have had my order at my front door 2 days ago at the very latest. I guess i'm just kicking myself in the nuts because i wanted to save 10 bucks by ordering the tires as a set. Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear
Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories ? BikeBandit.com
www.solomoto.com

shit there are 3 competitors off the top of my dome, and i wanted to save 10 dollars...wtf?

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Have you called them?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twice- once on Tuesday they said"we can't do shit today because we are updating our quick books"
I'm an accountant, i know that shit doesn't take all day, shit i could have updated their QB for my set of tires (maybe i should have bartered with them) also why wouldnt you do this on your 3day weekend (when you know there will be ppl ordering stuff)
he explained there are over 300 orders to be processed.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if we get our shit by Friday I'll be thoroughly impressed.
I thought ordering items from guys who ride would be a better option, but my guess is they all took off early Friday, enjoyed the holiday weekend at the track and came back Tuesday hungover and had to do inventory or something with Quickbooks, no doubt everyone should have enjoyed their time off for the holiday, but its almost been a week, and I'm considered to be in the 1-day shipping area.
if you wanna run a legit business, get your shit together and stop dickin around sbtg
or shut my whiny ass up and give me something fo free

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Did it say the item was in stock?

Either ways, I had my first experience with STG and I'm not impressed by the customer service.
It's not so much that the recommendation by Jason in terms of Held sizing was wrong and I went against the Held sizing chart recommendations because he said he knew what he was doing (I was a sliver over 8.5 inches and he said get a 9).

It's that I've needed to chase after him to get answers. When I asked him to check with Held if a drop ship would've arrived in time and e-mail me when I found out, I never got an e-mail reply. When I finally got tired of waiting and sent him an e-mail close to the end of the workday, I got a reply 15 minutes later which sounds a lot like he forgot or waited to call.
He was clearly aware that this was a rush order and I needed an answer quick and he drags his feet like that.

I'm also going to have to pay for return shipping on the Held gloves.
I understand that it's not an exact science, it's the policy and given the pricing they gave me, they can't cover return shipping but when I tell you I'm a sliver over 8.5 inches around the hand and the official Held sizing chart says I'm an 8.5 size, I'm not going to get a 9 unless you tell me that you know what you're doing and that 9 is the right size for me, which is why I got a 9 (because Jason told me he knew what he was doing).

This was my first order with STG and will probably be my last, pricing or no pricing. Actually the pricing, I got from Riders Discount was around the same ballpark and if I talked with TJ, I'm sure he'd drop the price to match STG. Even if he doesn't, it's not that far off and [email protected] has done right by me, helping me out of pinches and whatnot, so I'd rather pay a little extra and see my money go to TJ and Riders Discount.

It's really a shame because I had such a high opinion of STG from all the gear review videos they do which are really helpful and I actually could've gotten the gloves cheaper from NewEnough by $10 but I went with STG because I wanted to see how they played when I gave them a chance to bat.

Instead,
  • I get a lousy recommendation on sizing which was against the Held official sizing chart and listen to them because Jason assures me he knows what he's doing,
  • I don't get my gloves in time for my 3 day trackday this past weekend,
  • I, the customer, need to chase after him to get answers
  • I now end up paying a $10 + return shipping premium for gloves that I would've gotten cheaper and correctly from NewEnough and probably with better customer service.

This isn't a reflection on Jason as a person (he was friendly enough) but the customer service I received was pretty crap.

Look, you may lose money on me for the first order. That's always a possibility but the first order I place with you is your time to wow me. Even if there's a screwup, the way you handle it is a great opportunity to win my business.

Hell, that's how Riders Discount won me over fully. It wasn't the great pricing though that helped a lot. It was how TJ went out of his way to help me out when I needed it. Hell, I needed a replacement brake lever in a rush and he worked with Attack Racing to get me a replacement brake lever for my rearset. When the shipment going to Riders Discount was a day delayed and would've possibly caused it to not arrive in time, he took a lever off one of the complete rearsets he had in stock (which are backordered) and sent me the lever. Turns out if he hadn't done that, the lever would've arrived Monday as opposed to Friday when I needed it for my trackday. That's just the biggest example of TJ going out on a limb for me but he's done it before in lesser ways.

So to STG, you've lost my business at very least for a few years, probably for good.
Even if you read this post and make things right, you've still lost my business though it is appreciated.
The fact that you need to read my post to make things right is sad.
And, I spend a lot of money on this addiction as [email protected] can tell you.
You lost out on any hope of stealing the majority of the business from RidersDiscount.
The best you'll ever do is be a secondary vendor for certain items and those items will be stuff that is either significantly cheaper than Riders Discount, hard to do, or stuff they don't stock (aka Held gloves).

I'm considering making this a thread in the STG subforum.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they stock the tires i ordered, pretty common ones Pilot Road 2s (180/120)basic ass shit
sadly the shops around my area are even worse than the online vendors, i'd show up at the local shop and they would try and sell me tires i don't want or used shit. I have ordered from SBTG in the past and it was good, not sure why they failed so miserably this time.

Bubble is right- i dump, i mean DUMP serious cash on my bike fetish, so another vendor will be happy to accept my cash

(they didn't even charge my card until 5 days later- WTF? i seriously thought i ordered off a fraudulent website)

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Most places won't charge your card until they ship your product.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's even more pathetic

Most places won't charge your card until they ship your product.

exactly- if i placed my order, got an order # and confirmation # on 7/1
why are they shipping my items i ordered (which they have in stock;says their website) 5 days later?
Competitors offer 1-3day shipping on orders over $89
i ordered 275 dollars worth of tires, please have it here sooner than 1 week. Jesus its like dealing with the workers at the local shop; pay the same price and wait longer than you should...

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
It's happened to me on occasion as well. It took me almost 2 weeks to get the valve stems I ordered for my car from California.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
exactly- if i placed my order, got an order # and confirmation # on 7/1
why are they shipping my items i ordered (which they have in stock;says their website) 5 days later?
Competitors offer 1-3day shipping on orders over $89
i ordered 275 dollars worth of tires, please have it here sooner than 1 week. Jesus its like dealing with the workers at the local shop; pay the same price and wait longer than you should...
1 week including a 3 day holiday weekend... relax. If you want it immediately, buy it in person. I bet most companies would have been delayed around this weekend. If you aren't happy, dont use them again. It just doesnt seem like its worth a 'flaming' thread.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Don't wait till last minute to purchase shit, not sayin ya did but ya might have.
I waited last minute for a Shoei X-11 from Jason, arrived 4 day's b4 TD but wrong size...my fault. Sent it back received correct sizing the day b4 my track day.
This was my fault on sizing and ordering late.
I've ordered with Ridersd and STG and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't wait till last minute to purchase shit, not sayin ya did but ya might have.
I waited last minute for a Shoei X-11 from Jason, arrived 4 day's b4 TD but wrong size...my fault. Sent it back received correct sizing the day b4 my track day.
This was my fault on sizing and ordering late.
I've ordered with Ridersd and STG and will continue to do so.
Ironically i was driving around to the local shops looking for grips (b/c i didn't wanna pay 10 bucks to ship a 15dollar item LOL)
Lo and behold i find a nail in my back tire when i return from like a 70mi trip from work to home to shop 1 to shop 2...

irony is funny, when it doesn't happen to you

Question: how did the nail hit the back tire and not the front?
wheelie??

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Sucks for you.

·
13,060 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about STG but I was disappointed by the level of service I personally received.

·
13,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yes they stock the tires i ordered, pretty common ones Pilot Road 2s (180/120)basic ass shit(they didn't even charge my card until 5 days later- WTF? i seriously thought i ordered off a fraudulent website)
Did the web site actually list that they had those specific tires you wanted "In Stock" at the time you ordered? Whether they are a common size, and whether they are listed as "Available" on the web site is not the same as actually having them in stock (meaning in their possession in their warehouse). This is why I only order tires from vendors who have real time stock info available (IE, ships in 24 hours, ships in 1 - 3 days, backordered, etc.). And it's common for a company to not bill you until the item ships. Sucks that you had a "bad" experience, but you're assuming that the same thing wouldn't have happened with another retailer. The tires you picked are pretty popular, so I would not expect anyone except the largest retailers to have some actually in stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to hear you had problems. I've never had an issue. It does usually take a couple of days for them to process the order. So with the 4 day weekend the timing seems normal to me and I think the expectations may have been unrealistic. If you wanted it faster perhaps a phone call and pay for expedited shipping.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts