Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow...
I'll give you the credit that you were wearing your gear, but that's about all you're going to get.
I think you would be better off getting a few year old used 250 rather then stepping up to a 650. It's pretty obvious that you let what little power the 250 has take over you with speeding and overconfidence. A 650 is going to be worlds faster then the 250. If you were pushing the 250 to 90ish mark on your first real ride, what are you going to do on a 650? I really don't think you're ready for those speeds.

Based on this incident, I can almost guarantee you that would are going to crash again. I say that simply because you have no riding experience, not because of this crash. It's not like you crashed after 4 months of riding, it was your first real ride, so chances are, a few months after your new bike, you will make a mistake and go down again, just hopefully not as bad as this incident. That's part of my reason for suggesting a used bike as well.

It's nice to see you wanting to stick with it, but hopefully you learned from this lesson. When you get a bike, stay safe man.

·
Registered
603 Posts
What do you mean by that?
I wouldn't take it personally, it seems pretty typical to see someone wreck on a 250 and then immediatly want a larger and presumably more dangerous ride to replace it.

Glad you had gear on. Sorry about the bike and injuries. Target fixation sucks, most everyone does it flying right into potholes until they learn to catch themselves. Good luck healing up!

Is your bike repairable at all? It might be worth it to buy it back cheap and ride it on a salvage title.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It means, it seems you didn't even learn to ride the little 250... at all. What makes you think you can handle a bigger bike and not kill yourself... or others?

Do you think you are one of those "new" invincible riders that can crash all they want and live to tell about it?

Anyways my ride started off nice and slow in the local streets and I eventually built up enough guts to take it on the freeway since it was late at night. And I do admit commiting some stupid stuff that eventually lead to my crash, such as going over the speed limit(80-90MPH on a 65) and not keeping my left arm on the handlebars.

If you think it can't happen to you, think again...

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=112948

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 for wearing all your gear , and manning up enough to come here and post about it.

Don't listen to these other idiots , regardless of what you could of said , they'd find a reason to flame ya....

You're not permanently hurt , you learned a lesson (expensive and painful lesson , but a lesson none the less)

If you want a 600 , go for it , it's your money. Plenty of other people have started on 600's and *GASP* are still alive today.

Good luck , and don't stare at what you're trying to avoid anymore!!! ;)

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
Buy some pants. The pain in your kneecap will be a reminder for awhile that pants are just as important as the other gear you're wearing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Demoted to scooter. Get a Vento or Vespa. Learn to ride that and then go back to a 250.
Aprilia RS50 :thumbup:

you are a dumbass. thats all there is to it.
Thats a little harsh, even if its true! . I took lots of spills on 50cc myself when I was a teenager and tried wild stunts, haha. Thankfully with a 5HP upgraded Puch engine you can't do a lot of damage! :Laughing rolling:

The only spill I ever took on a larger bike was on a Honda CB450 some 13 years ago. All I have to say is I WAS A FRIGGIN IDIOT FOR PUTTING ARMORALL ON MY TIRES!

I turned a left out into traffic in a hurry.... As always at that location, there was no waiting for a better break. I spun the back end out like I was on ice and wound up going sideways completely across the street missing all cars and street signs. A torn pair of pants, road rash on the handlebar end and clutch handle, a bent shifter, and a bruised ass and walking like I shit myself for a week was all I had to contend with.

One could say I got off quite lucky.

Why was I in such a hurry? I was on a the way to a date, but the only thing that got blown that night was my chances to get some.

Well, when we all were 18, we were all invincible, right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think everyone is kinda harsh on this guy, he has come on here to tell his story and lots of people are flaming him saying he cannot ride a 250. Accidents can happen to anyone of us, shame it was just on his first day. Im sure he is not the first on here nor the last.

Hope your shoulder gets better soon bud, take care in the future. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
holy crap man. sounds rough. i hope you get better soon. good luck on fixing your bike. i haven't heard about anyone dumping these new 250's so you're gonna have a tough time finding spare parts for it. good luck on the sv650 but if you want something faster i would go with a gixx 600 those sv's top out at like 120 (not much faster than a 250). the 636 might be too much for you though so i would def reccomend a gsxr for sure.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Grab your gauges and headlight before the insurance company takes the bike and sell them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S.
Glad you are okay. Get better and try not to crash again :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.