Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ninja 250 that was previously dropped on it's right side. A few days ago I was rubber necking at a used car on the side of the road and I failed to notice a car pull out in front of me. I looked back just in time to jump on the brakes instead of doing the smart thing and swerving. At about 15-25 mph I dumped the bike on its right side. I appear to be un hurt however I did break the right fairing and bend the right handlebar of the bike. The bike failed to start and I assume that it is flooded. Assuming that it isn't totally broken can a fairing and right handlebar and the part that it bolts to be fixed?

Has anyone ever fixed a bike that has been dropped while going this fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a look at the fairing and it doesn't seem too bad. I also got the bike to start up and ride.

It now appears that other than a dent in the exhaust and the bent right handlebar assembly the bike doesn't seem too much worse for the wear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad you didn't hit the car... Then you'd really have to deal with a headache.

I had a similar drop and similar damage to my bike, but my accident was pinned on the car driver. I got a decent settlement out of it for repairs, but ended up just putting it towards car payments, It's still a pretty bike even with a couple of dings :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts