Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I would have a video of this one...

Anyway, I just got back from riding about an hour ago. I knew it was going to rain but didn't care. Went out for about 2 hours zipping around the mountains and about 45 minutes in it started to pour. Didn't bother me, just toned down my riding a bit. I was completely soaked by the time I got home. Water ran down my boots, down my suit, my under armor was damp, just enough to stick to my skin. I went to take my suit off and it wouldn't budge. It's usually a little tricky anyway, but NEVER this bad. After about 3-4 minutes of pulling the sleeve and doing some awkward movements, I got a shoulder out. Another 5 minutes or so I got an arm out. I literally spent probably about 15 minutes wrestling around getting the damn suit off. I live in my own apartment so I had no help. Pretty funny though. Anyone else ever deal with these issues?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've heard of lots of guys using under gear suits, so i would assume it's not just you that has the problem.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I've heard of lots of guys using under gear suits, so i would assume it's not just you that has the problem.

@ Satanic He's also wearing Under armour.

I can get in and out of my suit pretty good by myself now, I couldn't imagine having a soaked suit. It probably felt like you were wearing a full body brick. :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
272 Posts
should be interesting to see how your suit fits once it has dried. Keep us up to date
a little bit tighter has been my experience. I have had mine soaked all the way through like that on several occassions. I try to put it back on before it is completely dry though, then go for a ride to dry it the rest of the way. But sometimes that doesn't happen and it dries completely just laying over the table-then it is a bit cozy tight for a few hundred miles-but it always stretches back (not that I recommend this treatment for a suit....I do try to bring my rain gear when it is pretty good odds I am going to get wet, but sometimes those damn thunderstorms sneak up on me when I am 2 or 300 miles from home) And yes getting out of it (even with a full underarmour suit underneath--I have a revit accelerator) is a pain in the ass

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ive never been in the rain with my suit. But one time I got ready for a ride, noticing all my under armour's were dirty I just wore a t-shirt. I had a terrible time getting that thing off, the suit felt glued to my skin :/ needless to say Ive sense made sure I had a clean under armor before my rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts