Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its normal on this bike because of this seating position. Your wrists will adapt after a week or two, and no more pain.

Also, you can adjust the levers to be more comfortable, if they are too high, you will get more stress on your wrists. Loosen the bolts that hold the brake/clutch levers in place, and then sit on the bike.
Sit like you normally do riding, and move the levers so they are in a comfortable position for you. Tighten then up, and make sure they still clear the fairings (with your hand on them).

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah, just like CDN said, as a 636 owner, I found that (1) adjusting the levers as far downward as you can makes a big difference, and (2) your pain in the wrists will go away soon, and you won't find sore wrists being a problem even on longer rides. They adjust. So will you.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have an 03 636-- when I go for an average ride my wrists kill me and are pretty sore afterwards.
Anybody else have this problem---if so what did you do to fix it

Thanx

Paul

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i believe an aftermarket seat might help too. the corbin seat i got for my 2002 zx-6r actaully lowered my seat heght a tad which help keep weight off my wrists.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
530 Posts
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5522&SearchTerms=wrists,hurt

If you adjust your clutch lever downward as other people have suggested, don't forget to check the clutch lever freeplay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.