Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, i am always browsing around for parts and come across all kinds of things.
Have seen some Kit WSBK parts for the zx7R on ebay here in italy and germany and was wondering if anyone is interested in this stuff?
if you are what would you want?

can help you with shipping thru the US post service from the base.
Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
watching a set of marvic penta magnesium wheels with rotors right now, they are sitting at $420

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Holy crap is that a low price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if only i payed attention in german class.. but dam $420 for magnesium wheels do they have 2 pairs

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
If only there were some 2001 zx6r AMA Supersport (Eric Bostroms little bike) parts available. I want to convert mine into one, but its hard to find specs on the old bike. Seems like the 7 got all the attention, even though he won the SS championship with the 6 and took second in SB with the 7.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The biggest thing about 'true' KIT parts is a lot of them don't fit. Wheels are definately an issue if they have been used on the KIT swingarm as they will use different axle, bearings, spacers, brake disc offset, sprocket holder etc. Fine if you have your own lathe to turn up the bits. If not, could cost another couple of hundred in stuffing around.

Great to see JDGUN 13 is looking out for us but measurements are sometimes critical.
Rotor offset is huge when used on SBK forks, sometimes 16, 20 or even 25mm depending on wheel brand and fork type used. You may be able to get the wheel to fit in but then the rotor may not line up with the callipers.

Even things like handle bars have different diameters. (52, 53mm etc)

If you knew the parts came off standard forks, ie 'privateer' bike, then you would probably be OK and the 'cheap price' would be great.

I'm not trying to bag this thread, I'm all for it. Just trying to let people know before they get caught on certain parts.

Best part I have seen lately for sale is the 'suter dry clutch'. Awesome piece of machinery. Main issue is that when you buy one, be prepared to find the gear driven oil pump and alternator as the road bike is chain driven. Not usually stated by the person selling it as they fell into the same trap (unknowingly).

I've spent three years chasing all the correct parts for mine. It just takes patience and ask lots of questions from people before you buy.

JDGUN13, could you post any links if you find anything ?

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah will do, as i am always watching germany, italy, and the Uk ebay as there is stuff that you just dont find in the US.

Hell on italy ebay they are selling Sterilgarda 1098 SBK parts as well as Rueben Xaus bike...only that sucks is the euro is going back up against the dollar..2 weeks ago was $1.31 for a euro now it is almost $1.50 a euro...

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
while cheapest for international shipping, size limit with postal service can be an issue too...I forget the exact number...79 inches length and girth with a 36" max dimension....or does being an APO change that...? Wheels could go...just two individual boxes. And expect prices of $6-7/pound. I've sold a few things on ebay for silly prices to Europe...I suppose the weak dollar helped that.

The amount of cool zx7 parts on ebay.uk alone is just fun to browse...

If you are willing to help out, I'll take you up on it...

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
i would have sex with that dry clutch.. i saw one on ebay a few weeks back.. OOoo pretty.

sittin at like 2000 pounds tho, which.. well.. i have NO idea what that is in dollars.. i'm thinking 2000-4000..

if i was rich tho.. hell ya.. i'd have one.

oh and JD, good lookin bro!! thanks for hookin us up man!

·
Registered
142 Posts
There was two whole engines for that price last week (zionmoto.com 'I think'). Most of the clutches I have seen have been between $1000 and 1500 US. It's the oil pump and alternator that you find hard to get.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so why not use say a sigma slipper clutch or something?

·
Registered
470 Posts
because the sigma slipper is not any better than what we have now- the dry clutch is not worth the hassle- its very cool, and you can get a new one from suter for 1300 us, like mentioned above, you have to deal with getting a kit gear for the oil pump, but the big bitch is the endurance starter- couldn't even tell you where to get one, but you can bet it is nearly the cost of the clutch-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts