Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a 2003 636, and I need a secondary throttle valve actuator / motor.

I need this part I'm pointing to.

Here is the part highlighted in red.

Thank you!! :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Isn't that a factory calibrated unit? As in specific to each set of TB's?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thats crazy, my brother needs a new one also. Whiteblazer, does urs make a loud whining sound when the ignition is turned on (before cranking over the engine). Anyway I had not ever heard of this happening before my brothers started acting up. Please let me know if anyone has another one they r willing to sell.

Thanks,
Jerz

·
Registered
108 Posts
Whiteblazer, there is a set of throttlebodies on ebay. The listing is "03 636" and the bid is only 66.00 with no reserve. The part you need is included. Good luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think I have that part but mine is off the 6RR. If you get me your part number, I'll check it with mine and let you know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
whiteblazer010
HEY, i got a 04 636 and i had the same problem and same sound with my subthrottle valve actuator. mine ended up being my ecu. and when i would rev it the FI light would go out after rpms go above 4000 and light up at idle again. first i went ahead and replaced the throttle body twice (one was a friends) and the noise was still there. so i went down the diagnostic flow chart. i would post it but i dont know how (i have it on adobe reader) but i can explain it to you.
1. fist you wanna check your resistance of your sensor:
BK lead - P lead
&
G lead - W/BL lead
spec: 5-7 ohms
if readings are out of range replace throttle body assmebly.

2. if reading are within spec check your input voltage:
connect a peak voltage adaptor to a DMM (digital multi meter) or just press your max hold button to record your max voltage.
probe the connector going to your sensor

+ BK/BL - P/BL
then on your next test (it has 2 input voltages)

+ G -W/BL
spec is 8.5 - 10.5 volts DC
if your readings are out of spec, check your wiring to your ecu and repair open or short. if wiring is good, replace your ecu (the ecu was my problem for my code 62)
if your problem is that deep, i can send you the schematics of the ecu. good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sounds great, I'll take a look. I did replace the entire secondary valves, and I still have the same problem. I may need to get a new ecu. Can you e-mail me the information? whiteblazer01 at cox.net

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.