Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding tonight with a group of guys and hit a pothole that I somehow didn't see. The bike slid for about 1/8th mile (road was downhill as well), and I tumbled for a good long while. Thankfully I had all my riding gear on so aside from some good road rash on my knees, elbows, and shoulders (everything padded but knees oddly enough) I am fine with no broken bones or head damage. We'll see how I feel in the morning though lol.

Anyways, I just bought this bike last week which kills me that this happened so soon. I am needing black left fairings, tail section, stator cover, any hoses and lines on the left side of the bike, coolant reservoir, RED rear rim, and anything else you can tell from the pics.

Thanks, I greatly appreciate it. I'll pay of course.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's destroyed. I need a tail fairing and that plastic pointy piece that is in between the tail and the exhaust.

·
Registered
653 Posts
your city doesnt have a program that helps pay for damages caused by potholes??? I know here in chicago if your car is damaged because of a pothole they will at least cover half the expenses if you send in the bill.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look into the city thing.

Thanks guys. Just trying to get back on the road with it.

Replaced the stator cover already, bought a black rear rim to replace the majorly bent and cracked red one, and filling with oil as we speak. Can't wait to crank it up. Hope it sounds healthy.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Send the wheels to willsrimrepair.com. You'd be surprised what he can fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM Sent

Here's another pic of the rear rim:

Cracked both directions. Wall ornament I believe...

I still need new fairings...want OEM and don't care what color honestly, just not road rashed up.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Man, that musta hit hard!

Hope your roadrash heals up fast. That stuff sucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts