Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im used to getting brake pads for me 96 civic for hella cheap. i checked on gettin brake pads for my bike today and that sh!t was fkn expensive little over a 100 bux for just my front pads, is this normal? if not where can i find them on-line for cheaper. TIA

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
sounds pretty normal to me. Anything that starts w/ motorcycle costs at least twice as much. Anything that starts w/ marine is the same way. Do some searching around, you might find better prices. Somebody's always got what your looking cheaper.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Remember that 2003 and newer are more expensive.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
For your info, sintered ones cost me 33€ / pair yesterday here in germany. I could get cheaper ones for 25 € / pair. (front)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just so you know, the 2003 come with 6 piston calipers which means you're litterally getting 2 pads per caliper....4 seperate pads for the front of the bike...they come 2 packaged together, so you will only need to buy 2 packages for the front brakes, but you will deifnatly find them to be expensive....I sell EBC double H and they run about $64.99 each side retail.....
Welcome to the word of motorcycles....even if this is your main transportation they are considered a luxury! New riders can't figure out why a "simple" oil change is gonna cost them close to $50!! HAHA...poor guys had no idea when they bought their bikes what they were getting into!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by MotorcykleAsh
Just so you know, the 2003 come with 6 piston calipers which means you're litterally getting 2 pads per caliper....
Unlike older ZX-6Rs, the new bike comes with four-piston calipers. Each caliper takes four pads, so a set now costs more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.